SubtEXt

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Warlike Swans
Org Profile

SubtEXt

Post by Warlike Swans » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:21 pm

yt link: removed for "inappropriate content" :roll:

This is my first AMV edited by myself, first ecchi AMV, first AMV for which I had to paint extra lip positions for lip sync, and has my first outro.... Yay learning! |:>

NSFW.
Last edited by Warlike Swans on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Warlike Cygnet
Org Profile

Re: SubtEXt

Post by Warlike Cygnet » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:23 pm

haahaahaa SubtEXt ^^b very "snice" :dino: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Last edited by Warlike Cygnet on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TrufflePigStudios
Org Profile

Post by TrufflePigStudios » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Very beautiful video! I love how you worked the colors throughout the entire piece! Stunning :D 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :D :up: :dino: :dino:

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:33 pm

I dug it. <.<

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:54 am

Warlike Cygnet wrote:haahaahaa SubtEXt ^^b very "snice" :dino: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Hah! I just got it :up:

Thought it flowed very well but . . . Knights in Tights was still better |:>

Also, is this your first AMV that wasn't a collab or MEP??

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:59 pm

TrufflePigStudios wrote:Very beautiful video! I love how you worked the colors throughout the entire piece! Stunning :D 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :D :up: :dino: :dino:
x2. The colour work is amazing! It looks so natural and blends perfectly with the animation style. The sync and pacing is also really nice. Good one Swans! :up:

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:58 am

Finally got around to leave you the via QC promised opinion.

I love this video, to put it simple. Top notch syncing in every aspect; highlighting the important parts of the song. It has that sexy but dark and twisted humorous atmosphere I really enjoy which essentially captures the mood of the series.

Got a place in my favourite amvs-list :up:

Thank you for this awesome viewing-experience.

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:59 pm

I like the changes you made and the extra touches you added to this. This is a really unique song and the zany nature of the anime fits it well. It strikes me as one of those AMVs I just need to sit back and "listen" to and avoid digesting too thoroughly. I still feel going back and forth between being hyper-focused on lyric sync and very loosely interpretive of the lyrics muddies the waters, but I guess this can come across more like someone snapping their fingers in front of my nose, saying "HEY! Pay attention, this part makes sense!" amidst a cascade of otherwise psychedelic visuals.

*watches again*

Yep. Going to go recommend someone else watch this, I think they'd enjoy what you did with this song. :mrgreen:

BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:05 pm

LOL I didn't even notice the title pun XD XD XD XD I'm soo slow
Screw Youtube this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:42 pm

Warlike Cygnet wrote:haahaahaa SubtEXt ^^b very "snice" :dino: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
^^
TrufflePigStudios wrote:Very beautiful video! I love how you worked the colors throughout the entire piece! Stunning :D 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :D :up: :dino: :dino:
I <3 colors, glad you liked the effects.
Shin-AMV wrote:I dug it. <.<
Amateurish feedback skills, Shin.
lloyd9988 wrote:
Hah! I just got it :up:

Thought it flowed very well but . . . Knights in Tights was still better |:>

Also, is this your first AMV that wasn't a collab or MEP??
Correct. All the other AMVs I have up Jess (Cygnet) worked on with me.
AimoAio wrote:
x2. The colour work is amazing! It looks so natural and blends perfectly with the animation style. The sync and pacing is also really nice. Good one Swans! :up:
Thank you!
Kevmaster wrote:Finally got around to leave you the via QC promised opinion.

I love this video, to put it simple. Top notch syncing in every aspect; highlighting the important parts of the song. It has that sexy but dark and twisted humorous atmosphere I really enjoy which essentially captures the mood of the series.

Got a place in my favourite amvs-list :up:

Thank you for this awesome viewing-experience.
Thanks! The Op was really nice. I read it first thing Friday or Saturday morning and it was a great start to the day ^^
DriftRoot wrote:I like the changes you made and the extra touches you added to this. This is a really unique song and the zany nature of the anime fits it well. It strikes me as one of those AMVs I just need to sit back and "listen" to and avoid digesting too thoroughly. I still feel going back and forth between being hyper-focused on lyric sync and very loosely interpretive of the lyrics muddies the waters, but I guess this can come across more like someone snapping their fingers in front of my nose, saying "HEY! Pay attention, this part makes sense!" amidst a cascade of otherwise psychedelic visuals.

*watches again*

Yep. Going to go recommend someone else watch this, I think they'd enjoy what you did with this song. :mrgreen:
Yeah, the lyrics sync is really loose for a lot of it. The sources weren't a perfect fit, but I had collected Zetsubou for an MEP part and just *had* to keep working with it. Glad you enjoyed it ^^
BecauseImBored1 wrote:LOL I didn't even notice the title pun XD XD XD XD I'm soo slow
Screw Youtube this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!
Yes, we should blow youtube (away).

I'm quite pleased with the title. In the outro I actually increased the font size for the capitalized letters to emphasize it more.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”