Evaporate [Japan Expo 2012][2 place]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
RenaSun
Org Profile

Evaporate [Japan Expo 2012][2 place]

Post by RenaSun » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:09 am

Video: Evaporate (Preview) + Making Of
Category: Character Profile, Drama
Anime: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika, Black Rock Shooter, Shakugan No Shana, etc. (+26)
Song: International Dateline
Artist: Ladytron
Creator: RenaSun

This video is about feelings when it’s difficult, and everything collapses, flies somewhere. You want to understand why, and the pathway in memories begins.
Ribbons in the video are something what hurts, what keeps and not let go. Bird means a soul, a hope...
Hope you enjoy it)

Dn@
Org Profile

Re: Evaporate [Japan Expo 2012][2 place]

Post by Dn@ » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:26 am

I diden't know you before judging expo Amv.
But your amv was really interesting and well edited i really like the footage mixed and what you did with it.

My only regret would be some mask integration that wasen't so good but apart these minors, it was very well done a worthy 2nd place.

Congrats |:>

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:11 pm

I really liked it, interesting concept with a nice atmosphere...a definite keeper good job!

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:17 am

Kinda like Dn@ + some animes in the mix which needed more alterations so that they really look like parts of madoka (for example the DN scene with L about to fall) but apart from that, great vid :)

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:00 am

AceD wrote:I really liked it, interesting concept with a nice atmosphere...a definite keeper good job!
This pretty much sums it up for me.
Great use of some many anime into one solid concept that is easily understandable. Great job and congrats :up:
One of my favorites this year
ImageImage

S.A. Robert
Org Profile

Post by S.A. Robert » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:02 am

Моё мнение знаешь =)

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:02 am

AceD wrote:I really liked it, interesting concept with a nice atmosphere...a definite keeper good job!
This, and also what Dn@ and MimS mentioned about the mask compositions. I see the effort you put into those but some are quite noticeable so the blending needs a bit more work.

But really nice work, I enjoyed it. :up:

RenaSun
Org Profile

Post by RenaSun » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:50 pm

Thank you all for comments, thanks for congratulations :) And for the criticism, with which I agree) Next time I'll try to not disappoint you :roll:
Thanks again, glad that you liked it <3

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:04 pm

This was enjoyable, and I really liked the mood it set.
I did feel that there needed some more work in the editing part as it didn't flow completely well enough together and a lot of your scene choices held it together. Well that's not completely bad.. some areas just felt off and awkward causing me to be pulled out a little before a well placed scene would really bring you back in.

Congratulations on second!

Oh, and on the opposite side of Dn@... I have seen your work before ='3

Creed_FR
Org Profile

Post by Creed_FR » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:56 am

супер :up:
Nope seriously, i was tired of madoka vidz and to tell you the truth, in convention when your amv started, i tell myself....rooh another one...and i was wrong, because it's only when i saw it on my computer that i saw the amount of work and the elegant style of editing, you did a real great job here.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”