[Japan Expo 2012] Resonate

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

[Japan Expo 2012] Resonate

Post by AimoAio » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:22 am

Made this for Japan Expo's AMV contest and got 14th place in the final rankings so I'm pretty happy. :mrgreen: I saw this series a few weeks earlier and really loved it but it made me sad to see only 17 videos in the catalogue that included this source (4 videos if you exclude multianime and MEPs) so I decided to go ahead and make my own.

It's been so long since I edited a sentimental video I almost forgot how to edit one. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy it and maybe check out the source if you like it. Manga or anime, either way is good. The setting and plot of this is one of the most unique I've seen. :)

ibabrak
Org Profile

Re: [Japan Expo 2012] Resonate

Post by ibabrak » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:15 am

As I've already said on youtube
This is amazing, May
It's editted without any really visible effects. It all feels so natural.
By far the most beautiful amv with Tegami Bachi I've seen so far.
Congrats on your 14th place, you deserve it if not better :up: :awesome:
ImageImage

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:32 am

I'll follow ibabrak's lead and copy my YT comment ;)
Lovely mood and serene pacing. The effects used complement the atmosphere wonderfully. Things like the mask transition at 1:04 really sell the sense of isolation or loss that you're trying to convey. Overall, great job!
:up:

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:13 pm

You know May..i love it <3 , as i told you maybe at sometimes is a little ¨fast¨ (you know what i mean xD..upbeat editors :awesome: ) but i really can feel the sentiments of the characters,and that's the most important. Nice job! :up:

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Congratulation Pan--- I mean Secretary :'D I haven't seen much of this show being used in videos ever since it released D: I haven't seen the show myself, but I got interested after seeing this, fitting atmosphere and theme, I'm still uncertain about the 3D windows being a vital part of the plot, it could've been done without them, but they're a nice addition at some parts of the video.

Good job :up: *goes back finishing that poster* D:

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:25 pm

;____; Still dislike the 3D Style parts, but i really love the video as a whole. <3 Great job Pancake. *o*
Rawr desu <3

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:08 pm

I loved it :D
I think you would have deserved a little more at JE (but this is only my opinion) I was very impressed by the sad atmosphere , it was you very good at selecting scenes.
The only thing I did not like were the borders to the rest is a very good job :up:

nihilant01
Org Profile

Post by nihilant01 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:16 am

I quote Kyroz.
It made me want to watch the anime, so it's good ;).

[key]Scarlet
the world that never was
Org Profile

Post by [key]Scarlet » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:49 am

-Kyros- wrote:I loved it :D
I think you would have deserved a little more at JE (but this is only my opinion) I was very impressed by the sad atmosphere , it was you very good at selecting scenes.
The only thing I did not like were the borders to the rest is a very good job :up:
This. :up:
Very nice job!

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:54 am

argh, you should really keep me better informed about your new amvs :evil:

Buuut... I don't really think this is among your best work. I did like the fact that the pacing kept up with the intensity of the song towards the end but on the other hand the beginning was too dynamic (before the drums kick in). I also didn't really get what you were trying to do with the narrative. It seemed like a random endless collection of clips of some white haired dudes :uhoh:

It was alright :up: but definitely not my favorite of your amvs.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”