[Your Tales Of] Tales

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

[Your Tales Of] Tales

Post by AimoAio » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:31 pm

(Temporary poster until Niwa finishes the final one XD)

Edit: Looks like preview won't be showing up anytime soon so Youtube link here. I've also replaced the indirect with direct links now, if that makes it any easier. XD

I originally made this for the AX AMV contest but I never released it since I had a lot of changes to do which er...took about a month. Oops, well at least it's done now. :3 This is my little tribute to the Tales Of series of games so I hope even if you have never heard of Tales, that you'd give this video a chance and hopefully, just maybe, it'll interest you enough to try out the games. (Cause seriously, they are AWESOME. Especially Vesperia, can't not mention Vesperia. XD)

Also I feel the need to stress this: THIS AMV HAS TALES OF VESPERIA GAME SPOILERS. By spoilers I mean I basically took the whole ending of the game and sliced it up for the bridge. If you plan on playing this game in the future please watch the Gameplay version (available through indirect link) which has the exact same footage minus the spoiler bridge section.

--

Local version is an mkv file, with the subs already muxed. You need to turn them on yourself though since they're off as default.

You can also grab the mp4 version and add the subs yourself. (softsubs file on video page)
Last edited by AimoAio on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Re: [Your Tales Of] Tales

Post by Kazemon15 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:36 pm

To rephrase youtube:

I'm sorry for making you an obsessed fangirl.... (no, Im not XD) ...But I get such good Tales AMVs! We need more Tales of AMVs! Nice job, I like.

Creed_FR
Org Profile

Post by Creed_FR » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:47 pm

As a great fan of "Tales of" i loved it, it brings me a lot of good memories playing (almost) all of those fabulous games, but some parts of the editing looked a little bit fuzzy and the following of some of your cuts was sometimes kinda disturbing, but i enjoyed overall (even if i really don't like japaneese music)
Good Job :up: ...but now because of your vid' i can't wait for Xillia :cry:

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Loved this video. I never played any of the games nor have I seen the shows... but thanks to you I will be watching them all as soon as I can find them. d(^^)b
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

MagicDarkLight
Org Profile

Post by MagicDarkLight » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Really nice, I liked it, I didn't think you could do such a long video with just those scenes (and without having a cheap editing) so it's a good surprise! I really have to get in this series one day :D Anyways good job!
Sora to Kasai

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:09 pm

This is a pretty fun vid! At first I wasn't sure about the character cut-ins [Im pretty sure you did these since I think I remember a journal about masking characters xD], but they grew on me. The whole video feels a little less like an AMV and more like a MAD since it doesn't follow the beats exactly but kinda follows the 'feel' of the song [if that makes any sense], but that works just fine for what you were going for. It had a lot of energy and more cutscenes than I really knew this series had!

Also special mention goes to the quality, I know a certain other Tales fan has had a hard time looking for HQ scenes, so props and having the majority of them in such good quality - all things considered, I think the lower quality scenes are pretty forgivable.

Ooh ooh and the song :P

You totally should have called this "I Freaking Love Tales" :ying:

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:This is a pretty fun vid! At first I wasn't sure about the character cut-ins [Im pretty sure you did these since I think I remember a journal about masking characters xD], but they grew on me. The whole video feels a little less like an AMV and more like a MAD since it doesn't follow the beats exactly but kinda follows the 'feel' of the song [if that makes any sense], but that works just fine for what you were going for. It had a lot of energy and more cutscenes than I really knew this series had!

Also special mention goes to the quality, I know a certain other Tales fan has had a hard time looking for HQ scenes, so props and having the majority of them in such good quality - all things considered, I think the lower quality scenes are pretty forgivable.

Ooh ooh and the song :P

You totally should have called this "I Freaking Love Tales" :ying:

Actually, I'm the one who providing her with those clips, so my search was long over a while ago. =P

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:Actually, I'm the one who providing her with those clips, so my search was long over a while ago. =P
Then how are you not editing Tales right now?!

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:Actually, I'm the one who providing her with those clips, so my search was long over a while ago. =P
Then how are you not editing Tales right now?!
CUZ YOU PUT ME IN A DIGIMON MOOD! LOOK AT MY ICON! :evil:

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:26 pm

The title cards for each character are amazing; they look really professional and give unity to the whole "mashup ALL da Tales games!" thing. Really like how this turned out :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”