CCS + Witchcraft = Starcraft or girly action AMV 2

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kazemon15
Org Profile

CCS + Witchcraft = Starcraft or girly action AMV 2

Post by Kazemon15 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Those who have seen my Angelic Layer thread from years back will know why I called this thread girly action AMV 2. :P

Many thanks to Niwa for awesome banner.

So...I heard this song a long time ago and always wanted to edit it... but I could not find a good anime to fit it...until one day, while watching my friend moezy make her CCS AMVs, I said...oh DUH, CCS could totally fit. I had yet to see a single action CCS AMV...so I wanted to make a full fledged action AMV using the action scenes in CCS, since it seems not alot of people use those scenes.

Alas, after 6 months of editing, it's finally done. I wanted to try new effects and experimented with those effects, so I hope you enjoy. Editing this was hell itself, but I'm pretty satisfied with the result. There are a few things I could have fixed better...but....I don't want to tweak this AMV anymore than I already have.

As for the name, I thought it could serve as a nice little double meaning on the Star magic Sakura uses and the song... (as well as a lolz trick for the game of the same name).

Enjoy?

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: CCS + Witchcraft = Starcraft or girly action AMV 2

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:56 pm

So one of my favorite editors editing with CCS. I'm sure people expect some sort of gushing fanboy to pop out of my body. Please, I'm more civilized than that.
Spoiler :
No I'm not.

*GUSH*
Great quality footage, I dug the fact that the footage looked fantastic. Great job quality-wise no complaints.

Editing wise, I'll get the negative out of the way. Some of the literal sync could have been cut out. Like the "snapshot" at the beginning with the still frames. I think that you could have just went with regular scenes and had a better flow.

Positive wise? Well, pretty much everything else. I liked the fuzz effects and felt like it really added motion to an otherwise static anime. The zooms were a bit much at times, but I don't think it would have been the same level of action without it.

Speed wise, it was al ittle hard to keep up with all of the scenes at times with so many scene transitions. Again, it's the same argument I made before that I think that it wouldn't have been the same AMV without the speed, but perhaps minor adjustments would have been in order.

The video as a whole was very entertaining. CCS is a hard anime to make a PURE action video out of, but you captured it well, highlighting the best action scenes in the anime and movies.

Kind of a cliche ending though, I think that could have been better finished. :sweat:

Overall though, I loved it. Probably one of my favorite CCS videos, hands down, for the sole fact that you gave Sakura a backbone and showed off herself at her best.

I highly approve/reccomend. :up:

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:46 am

YAAAAY YOU FINISHED IT. *O* YUSH. CCS. -MEEEEELLLLLTTT-

I tried to be more subtle but I couldn't do it. D':

Really liked how it turned out in the end! :ying:
Spoiler :
I'm glad you liked the banner my minion Niwa made for you! :3
Rawr desu <3

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:46 am

I enjoyed this a lot. It has some nice flow to it and had really great sync moments. Some of the things Code mentioned where the only issues for me. The chroma aberration/RGB shifting could have used a little more chaos or stuttering movement to really emphasize it more. I'm guessing it was either the NewBlueFX equivalent or a manual version of the effect rather than After Effect twitch used for it, so it would have been really hard to nail that down nice and tight. Good job overall though I really dug it. :up:

The only Card Captor Sakura I've ever really seen was when it was airing on Cartoon Network, but after this video, Yue's Dreamer and the 2nd round of OrgEditor and it clow card theme its all seriously making me think I need to check out this show.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:35 pm

EPIC AS HELL, FGBHGSI. <3

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:17 am

I enjoyed this. Maybe the beginning is a little odd in comparison to the rest (with the literal interpretation of the lyrics) and some of the zooms get a lil' crazy, but this is still a fun action video. Most intense CCS video I've seen :shock:

So yea, good job! And good luck at AnimeNext / Otakon! :up:

pink haze
Org Profile

Post by pink haze » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Good stuff! You know I <3 it.

Gotta say I enjoyed the lyric sync overall, especially the way it's worked into the transition to the next phase of the song @ 4:55. ~one of my favorite parts. ^^

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:24 am

Dat banner. :up: And dat arrow sync. :ying:

Me like! :awesome:

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:53 am

Pretty awesome. I felt some scenes were a bit repetitive where you were beat matching, but I did like the anime/music comble.

Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Org Profile

Post by Tearx » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 pm

yay~ glad to see it finished

makes me wanna watch CCS

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”