((5 Years later...))) SOAD2: Rising from the Ashes [MEP]

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Re: ((5 Years later...))) SOAD2: Rising from the Ashes [MEP]

Postby Kevmaster » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:51 am

PennyRoyalty wrote:Some quality issues on a few tracks.

These occured most possibly because Autraya suddenly dissappeared. In the beginning, she was the one to gather the lossless files and who was supposed to put the MEP together since I had horrofying slow internet and an oldy, rusty and slow PC which would have given me a serious pain in the ass and possibly days to make a final render/encode and upload (if it would have even been possible to do so). When we re-gathered tracks then, some tracks were lost (for example ZeroLinks, Krisqos and Niwas) and some were only avaiable in beta-quality. I decided to include them anyway as their quality was still ok.

Animated wrote:5 years. 117 pages.

The Thread is actually a great nighttime-lecture. I did read it quite a few times when I was bored and it always cracked me up and fucked my mind up :mrgreen:

PennyRoyalty wrote:And if I'm not mistaken... I thought there were more editors in this than the 4 you mention, right?

Well, it's 6 by now. Barely any of the editors in this mep are still active and only visit the org occassionally. I guess they didn't even notice yet the MEP is finished and will be extremly surprised once they get to see the collaboration request :lol: (which they'll need to accept in order to be added to the listing).
And of course there's Magnus who passed away when he was still doing the last remaining track (Innervision) which was then finished by Hitori and Mystykamv building something around his beta (10:30-10:40). This might actually be one of the last things he edited before leaving this earth.
He's sadly not able to accept the collab request. Though I'm hoping someone has access to his account and does it in his name, or someone with enough mod/admin power will add him to the listing.

All of them are mentioned in the tracklist in the description though, as well as in the credits.

Thanks for the comments everyone, keep them coming |:>
Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser

Postby Jwalk0 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:23 am

Yessir that was pretty much awesome. And wow at the conception/completion dates, I got into AMVs in early 2007 so I can safely say you all get many blessings for sticking to a project for a dedicatedly long time. Was absolutely worth it.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image
Jwalk0

Postby mirkosp » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:27 am

I PM'd Ishbalan... >_>
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby CodeZTM » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:41 am

This MEP is nearly as old as I am on these forums. XD I still remember seeing it getting posted originally and thinking "hmmm... Nah, that's not my kind of music, but I bet they'll do a good job with it!"

Well, several years later.... :uhoh:

I can't say that I enjoyed the overly sexual/violent aspect of the MEP (which is basically the first 3 tracks and the 9/10/11 tracks), but looking past it, the sync/editing was pretty solid and really unique.

I really liked the Gurren Laggen/Excel Saga track. The Another/Fate/Stay combo ws also really nice. As always, Advent Children was also well done.

I also LOLed at Hitler subtitle parts. I remember that controversy. XD

Still, nice job on it.

Dawww. Now the rum's REALLY gone.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Hitori » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Kevmaster wrote:And of course there's Magnus who passed away when he was still doing the last remaining track (Innervision) which was then finished by Hitori and Mystykamv building something around his beta (10:30-10:40). This might actually be one of the last things he edited before leaving this earth.
He's sadly not able to accept the collab request. Though I'm hoping someone has access to his account and does it in his name, or someone with enough mod/admin power will add him to the listing.
:up:

Remastering Magnus' original beta took some time to accomplish. Mimicking his edits as close as possible with some minor/better upgrades and changes. Thankfully, all the footage was from the last two episodes. If anyone wants to see a comparison video, I'm more than willing to compile one! |:>
ImageImage
Hitori

Postby EvaFan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 am

I'm pretty sure I remember victor, magnus's close friend being able to log into his account but I don't even know who he is on the org. If someone knows or found out you could PM him so he can accept the MEP thing. Maybe a mod like doki can too who knows.

At any rate this MEP was everything I expected it to be though I did scrub through some of it, 30 minutes was definitely overkill.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson
EvaFan

Postby Kariudo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Holy crap...

...this got finished before gateway.

/ghets

Kevmaster wrote:And of course there's Magnus who passed away when he was still doing the last remaining track (Innervision) which was then finished by Hitori and Mystykamv building something around his beta (10:30-10:40). This might actually be one of the last things he edited before leaving this earth.
It is done.
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby Kevmaster » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Thank you Kariudo, this means a lot <3

And another thanks for all the comments so far, they are appreciated.
Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser

Postby requiett » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:47 am

Kevmaster is a fag.
requiett

Postby masterGT » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:30 am

Really finished? What a nice surprise, indeed. Downloading now.
Great work, Kev. Thx for your dedication.
masterGT

Postby Scott Green » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:37 pm

HOLY CRAP I´M GONNA GO ENRAGE MODE NOW!

I edited my tracks so long ago, I remember sending my first final to StolenSoul....LOL...and that was like in 2006/07 idk.

I'll watch asap :ying:
ImageImage
Scott Green
Greenwhore

Postby Phantasmagoriat » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:23 pm

NOW THIS IS A MEP!!!

This video will give you both Nightmares and Wet Dreams at the same fucking time!!!

This is the shit. right here.

And no, I'm not just making a big deal. This MEP IS a big deal.
I mean, sure there were things that could have been better, but that's always the case.
Something like this only DOES come around every 5 fucking years, so...

showin it some love. :up:
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Galactic Escape"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."
Phantasmagoriat

Postby Enigma » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:12 am

Wat
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby OtakuForLife » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:34 pm

<--- Project Leader SOAD:RTI

WTH really :)
(I had to double take the announcement)

Nice to see this came together and can't wait for it to finish downloading.
There better be loads of nudity,violence and possibility for seizures.
OtakuForLife

Postby Vancore » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:17 am

5 years to make
27 mins to watch
And now its over, damn, holy crap a lot of good stuff was in there. History of how this thing was finally made is going to make a epic tale, I doubt there's another MEP out there thats gone through such hardships... and released. Then again, there was a lot of Rum drinking, made it easier, and now its all gone.

Don't worry though, I hear there's more, a place called SOAD 3. :asd:
Vancore

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Announcements