The Other Side of Me

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Relliknl
Org Profile

The Other Side of Me

Post by Relliknl » Mon May 21, 2012 11:55 am

2nd at animecon 2012 The Netherlands just behind JCD who won
Honorable Mention: best horror at otafest

Enjoy!

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Re: The Other Side of Me

Post by Niotex » Mon May 21, 2012 6:19 pm

A little visually over stimulating at times. Felt like it needed a little more negative space to bring the tension in your comps forward. Most of it felt very solid tho and it was a very enjoyable watch. The form/particular transitions didn't do much for me tho. I feel that if you had increased the resolution on those in order to create a more fluid motion blurred mesh, it would've kept more in turn with the overall visual style of the source.

Still tho glad to see the Dutch claiming horror once more.

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Mon May 21, 2012 7:08 pm

As said,
freaking
solid.

Felt even alot better watching it at home, and in retrospect, basicly getting an almost tied victory with a slow-ish horror video is quite an accomplishment.

Great job!

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Tue May 22, 2012 6:07 am

Got a place in my favourites.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue May 22, 2012 6:13 am

loved the editing

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Wed May 23, 2012 2:13 pm

I thought I couldn't like a KnK vid anymore. Well, it was before watching yours :up:

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Wed May 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Niotex wrote:A little visually over stimulating at times. Felt like it needed a little more negative space to bring the tension in your comps forward. Most of it felt very solid tho and it was a very enjoyable watch.
x2. My thoughts exactly.

Good work and grats on the contest honors.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed May 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Kisanzi pointed me towards this and damn...

The boys above have already covered all the technical aspects so all I've got to say is I love it. I adore Kara No Kyoukai and I was so sick and tired of seeing people use it for the pretty footage. It's incredibly easy to tell you put a lot of thought and consideration as to what you'd put on screen.

As a huge fan of this show, while this video has it's flaws, this has to be my favorite use of the show yet.

Relliknl
Org Profile

Post by Relliknl » Thu May 24, 2012 9:18 am

Thanks for all the comment.
I know it has flaws and Nio I first wanted to do it more liquid like but time was short so i had to do that part in AE I planned to do that first in 3dsmax with pflow and frost. Ae doesn't like high particle counts though.
Yeah maybe it was a bit visual over stimulating at times especially in the "dream world" with all the particles and cloud memories.
Maybe I couldn't make it more negative that is true but couldn't make it more gory because of the contest rules. This was already at the boundry for what was allowed.

Always good to hear that it was a enjoyable watch :)

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Tue May 29, 2012 12:52 pm

I really enjoyed this. It captures the essence of Kara No Kyoukai in a way that no other video has done yet, and it made me want to rewatch the series (which I started doing yesterday, as a matter of fact).

So yes, fantastic job with the mood and scene selection. :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”