The Kingdom of L.F.S. - Knights of Badassdom Trailer Parody

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DriftRoot
Org Profile

The Kingdom of L.F.S. - Knights of Badassdom Trailer Parody

Post by DriftRoot » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:17 pm

So there we are, my first full-length AMV in more than three years. Making L.F.S. restored my faith that I can enjoy this hobby of mine - it's the video I've had the most fun (and I use that term loosely) putting together. I hope others enjoy it and are interested enough to check out the Knights of Badassdom movie, which I'm somehow still looking forward to after being up to my eyeballs in the trailer for months on end. :roll:

A big thank you to the folks who helped out with beta testing - they really helped me clean up some rough patches and go back the drawing board when I might have been tempted to let things slide. I hope I didn't disappoint you guys.
Last edited by DriftRoot on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Re: The Kingdom of L.F.S. - Knights of Badassdom Trailer Par

Post by irriadin » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Awesome trailer! Now I have to watch the actual trailer, haha. :up:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Oh god...Sephy wink..... :shock:

But heck that was awesome! :up: Really neat sync, awesome fit with the trailer music and great matching sound effects. Lip sync was also done pretty well but what really got me were the effects you added. Simply awesome. They might just be tiny touches like the map and the badass sign on the wheelchair...oh and also creepy red kid eyes :uhoh: but they were really nicely integrated and felt natural with the scenery. I also liked the small touches you did to hints of the lighting and colouring. Very sophisticated.

I'd been following your progress updates on this on your journal for a while and I'm glad to finally be able to see this! Definitely not disappointed! :up: And I look forward to your future videos! :mrgreen:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:00 pm

This was awesome xD -thumbsup-

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Didn't know there was an actual trailer so I ran off to watch it first because one can never get enough Summer Glau. That being said, loved the video and loved Tifa's fangs. :up:

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:32 pm

irriadin wrote:Awesome trailer! Now I have to watch the actual trailer, haha. :up:
My job here is done. 8-)
AimoAio wrote:Oh god...Sephy wink..... :shock:
AWWWW YEAHHHH!!! You just made me so happy...I've been waiting so long to hopefully hear that...seriously...so happy right now!! :awesome:
AimoAio wrote:But heck that was awesome! :up: Really neat sync, awesome fit with the trailer music and great matching sound effects. Lip sync was also done pretty well but what really got me were the effects you added. Simply awesome. They might just be tiny touches like the map and the badass sign on the wheelchair...oh and also creepy red kid eyes :uhoh: but they were really nicely integrated and felt natural with the scenery. I also liked the small touches you did to hints of the lighting and colouring. Very sophisticated.

I'd been following your progress updates on this on your journal for a while and I'm glad to finally be able to see this! Definitely not disappointed! :up: And I look forward to your future videos! :mrgreen:
I'm relieved to hear that my progress didn't disappoint lol - I've been leery of that since way back when I released my first video and got a QC to the effect of "Wow, REALLY disappointed after all those journal posts." Heh... did I learn my lesson or not? This may be the last AMV I make, though. I've finally came to grips with the idea that I can do this when I want to, and that just because I'm not, doesn't mean I can't. Here's hoping, though. :beer: Encouragement is awesome, and it's not for lack of ideas that I don't make more videos. :) Thank you for the encouragement!
pacotacoshell wrote:This was awesome xD -thumbsup-
That's three awesomes in a row, that's pretty awesome. :mrgreen:
Ijexis wrote:Didn't know there was an actual trailer so I ran off to watch it first because one can never get enough Summer Glau. That being said, loved the video and loved Tifa's fangs. :up:
Yes...it helps to make an AMV starring a hot sci fi babe... Tifa, Summer, 3D, 2D, whatever floats your boat. *Rawr* :wink:
Last edited by DriftRoot on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:39 pm

Been watching this pretty often the last week or 2. Absolutely amazing work. You put the most ungodly amount of effort into little details, my jaw just hits the floor. I'll grab the completed version after Tekko.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:59 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Been watching this pretty often the last week or 2. Absolutely amazing work. You put the most ungodly amount of effort into little details, my jaw just hits the floor. I'll grab the completed version after Tekko.
Ah, so you HAVE seen it. ^_^ Yeah..appalling effort into little details...you should see the AE timelines that go along with all the AE comps - the credits don't show a fraction of what's in here. :lol: I could work on it more, but it's not fun anymore and it wouldn't actually make the AMV any better, so I judged it was time to stop. I'm sort of hoping that for once my editing and my effects complement each other, in that one isn't picking up the slack for the other. Thank you for the feedback, Bashar, I appreciate it. :up:

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:14 pm

Very deft effects. Tifa is an adorable succubus. I like the censored version a bit better, it emphasized the swearing more.

Amo-Chan
Org Profile

Post by Amo-Chan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:19 am

Oh. My. God. THAT WAS SO COMPLETELY WORTH THE WAIT! You, young lady, have outdone yourself.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”