The Dark Passenger

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Eion
Slash wouldn't treat me like this
Org Profile

The Dark Passenger

Post by Eion » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:07 pm

I made this in about 9 hours or so, i'm really proud of it. To be honest I think I did a pretty good job. I hope you all enjoy it! and feed back is always welcomed. Cheers!

Taite
Org Profile

Re: The Dark Passenger

Post by Taite » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 pm

The Dark Passenger?? Please tell me you watch Dexter!

Anyhoo, been awhile since I've seen a decent Death Note amv that hasn't been completely raped by effects.
It's really quite simple, which I love. I love the simple sync, the hardcuts, the minimal effects. At first glance, it appears quite random, but it serves more as an atmospheric display of the crazy ass shit that is Death Note. I also appreciate your use of scene selection; it makes it a lot more interesting seeing scenes not typically used.
I don't know, it may be just me. Frankly, it could slip into the crowd with all of the other Death Note amvs easily, but for some reason, for me, it doesn't.

so yes. me likes. :)
Image Image

BakaViking
Org Profile

Post by BakaViking » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:40 am

Oh hey - the Dexter reference certainly was a sure way of getting my attention. :)

Using scenes that are in literally every Death Note AMV and still manage to make somthing that stands out from the crowd: win.
(also: combining it with quite a few scenes that aren't used that much: double win)

Love it! Scene selection and sync is fab. I liked the way you changed the atmosphere from the calm and collected to the spiralling madness and increased complexity WAY beyond the point of no return, and then the calm again at the end. It's done quite elegantly and follows the story/plot really well. And although I've seen that aspect in several AMVs, you somehow manage to make it refreshing. I agree with Taite's approval of the effect-rapeless-ness, this stands very well on its own without relying on lots of effects.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:03 am

Gwaaaah, this is awesome. Pretty well edited and the scene selections are awesome. Makes me want to watch Death Note again. :up:

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:43 pm

Garbage

LeX
Org Profile

Post by LeX » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:51 pm

uhh the fast parts wasnt that great but the slow parts were nice, good work.

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:02 am

I really loved the slow parts and was drawn in instantly. I wasn't a fan of the faster parts though.

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:41 am

I think this had potential to be something better. Your sync was great and all till somewhere around 2:00 where you had some clips over layered and it was sorta dragged on out longer then needed to be. I mean he was just writing down names and you had some over layers, which is great by the way, but just wish more was going on. Same with the end, you have around 30 seconds of just light walking till he died. It could use more cuts, that's probably the biggest problem I see, but other than that I liked this.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:03 am

^^lol

i liked it, but i'm sick of this song...

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:40 pm

It lacked some transitions in the very beginning. I was seriously considering dropping this because of it, but i stuck it out afterwards. The FX were good, a lot of good scenes. Very terrible (thats a compliment for a horror vid).
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”