Sakura MEP

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
StrawberryKiss
Org Profile

Sakura MEP

Post by StrawberryKiss » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Eion
Slash wouldn't treat me like this
Org Profile

Re: Sakura MEP

Post by Eion » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:54 pm

I loved working on this! fun fun times. honor working with you guys! :3

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:45 am

Time to repay the favor you paid to me in the Cascadathon 2 thread. Also. WEWT. Sakura's out! :3

Intro: CorsairAMV
-I found the petals hard to read, which was slightly dissapointing. Other than that though, solid graphics.
4/5

Track 1: StrawberryKiss - Kampfer
-A nice way to start things off, and it really sets the tone well for the rest of the MEP. Although I wasn't fond of the logo making a return.
4/5

Track 2: BrokenS0ulz - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- GAH. What's that watermark doing there? Otherwise, cute and enjoyable. I wasn't fond of the arrrows.
3/5

Track 3: Ryniek - Rosario to Vampire Capu 2
- I liked the recoloring, and you hit the beat/mood of the song really nicely. Major props. :)
5/5

Track 4: Chiikaboom - Revolutionary Girl Utena
- GAWD Damn Chii. How'd you get that footage looking that nice? I love Utena, and this was one of the highlights of the whole MEP for me.
5/5

Track 5: StrawberryKiss - Heartcatch! PreCure
- I think all the sugar has now given me diabetes. XD Adorably done! Fit the song very well and was well edited.
5/5

Track 6: Zaiyei - Night Wizard
-I think it moved a little fast at times, but you hit the overall mood nicely.
4/5

Track 7: EllipseIris - Kaze no Stigma
-Nice effects work integrated into the regular tacks. Hit the song well, and I liked the departure from the rest of the MEP's tracks and seeing a slightly more plot based track.
4/5

Track 8: EionAMV - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
-The coloring/blurs looked nice, and the stills were integrated really nicely. Captured the song well. But again with that Sakura logl?
4/5

Track 9: LucidAPs (MetalAnimer) - Ah, My Goddess
-Some of the stills/masks were a little wobbly/stiff, but other than that, nicely done.
3.5/5

Track 10: xLopezxFranciscox2 - Earth Girl Arjuna
-EFFING YES. Nice job capturing the mood of the anime into the song, and I loved how the whole thing played out.
4.5/5

Track 11: Geesushi (KagomeAMV) - The World God Only Knows
-Lip flap kind of killed it in places, and just a little blocky quality-wise at places too. But otherwise, another great track!
3.5/5

Track 12: AMVLuna - Sacred Seven
-LUNAAAAAAAAA. A continuation of your usual great work, and a very solidly edited piece.
5/5

Track 13: AMVReeplayStudios - Angelic Layer
-Loved the integration of the petals into this one. Looked extremely natural. Great track, but it was shame that it was only just parts of the opening, as I think some of the series could have fit nicely.
4.5/5

Track 14: Metallilyn- Sailor Moon
-A really nice track that I enjoyed a lot. Sad that it was so short, but I guess that can't be helped. Nice graphics too.
4/5

Track 15: StrawberryKiss - Otome Youkai Zakuro
-ADORABLE. Wasn't fond of the boxes or the font at the end, but was overall a nicely done piece.
4/5

Track 16: Kyuketsuki28 - Wish Upon the Pleiades
-A little distant from the rest of the tracks, since this one is really MAD styled, but well done. Although the birthday thing was a little odd to see.
4/5

Track 17: xTRIMPH - Yumekui Merry
-Well composed and paced well. I think a little movemnt in some of the stiller scenes [zooms] might have put it over the top, but still nicely done. I really enjoyed it! :)
5/5

Track 18: JazzsVids - Moetan
-I loved the duality here. The start being more light and moving into a more serious/action bit twoards the end.
4.5/5

Track 19: DamnKazu - Baka and Test
-Good motion/masking, but again, with the distance from the rest of the tracks in the styling. Still, a very solid piece and one of my more favorites.
5/5

Track 20: PlayDead - Idol Master Xenoglossia
-Really clean mask transitions that worked well. Fit the song pace well.
4/5

Track 21: DamnKazu - SOul Eater
-LOVED THE MOTION here. DAMN KAZU that was well done. (C wut I did thar?) Again with the Sakura logo thing? I liked the mad style here, since it integrated well with the rest of the footage. Another one of my favorites.
4.5/5

Track 22: xChromez - Sora wo Otoshimono
-The transition between this and soul eater was a little abrupt, but the track itself was nicely done. I didn't care for the arrows though. Nice job with the petals at the end though.
4/5

Track 23: xLunaxShinobux - C3
-Good anime choice and the sakura petals were a really nice touch. Some of the masks were a little dirty though.
4/5

Track 24: RichardBFV - Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
-CUTE transition into this one. Again, I loved the subtly of the petals. Good effects work, and you captured the faces nicely.

Track 25: xDreww - Cardcaptor Sakura
-Appropriate that my favorite track was at the very end. XD I thought that the pink boxes could have been done better, but what a hell of an ending to the project. Broght it home really well. :)
4.5/5

OVERALL:

I think that having the Sakura logo reappear so often was a little overkill, but I LOVED it when you masked in the petals. As with all MEPs, some of the tracks were good, some were not as good, and some were fantastic. I think the different styles of editing made it hard to have a uniform/cohesive project. But everything was entertaining, and I'll likely be adding this to my playlist at work. I can tell ya'll had fun on this, so I dug it. :up:

Naturally, I'm a little biased since I like this kind of stuff, but I do think that it's something that people might enjoy if they like the musical genre, and more "light" styled effects work.

Although the filesize is ridiculous! XD
Last edited by CodeZTM on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eion
Slash wouldn't treat me like this
Org Profile

Post by Eion » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:25 am

CodeZTM wrote:
-The coloring/blurs looked nice, and the stills were integrated really nicely. Captured the song well. But again with that Sakura logl?
4/5
SORRY BABE, got lazy :( Thank you though, love hearing your opinions on my stuff! :3

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:31 am

CodeZTM wrote:Time to repay the favor you paid to me in the Cascadathon 2 thread. Also. WEWT. Sakura's out! :3

Intro: CorsairAMV
-I found the petals hard to read, which was slightly dissapointing. Other than that though, solid graphics.
4/5

Track 4: Chiikaboom - Revolutionary Girl Utena
- GAWD Damn Chii. How'd you get that footage looking that nice? I love Utena, and this was one of the highlights of the whole MEP for me.
5/5

4/5

Track 10: xLopezxFranciscox2 - Earth Girl Arjuna
-EFFING YES. Nice job capturing the mood of the anime into the song, and I loved how the whole thing played out.
4.5/5

Track 16: Kyuketsuki28 - Wish Upon the Pleiades
-A little distant from the rest of the tracks, since this one is really MAD styled, but well done. Although the birthday thing was a little odd to see.
4/5

Track 25: xDreww - Cardcaptor Sakura
-Appropriate that my favorite track was at the very end. XD I thought that the pink boxes could have been done better, but what a hell of an ending to the project. Broght it home really well. :)
4.5/5
These were my fav tracks of the MEP. Agreed with corsairs intro. It's WAY to fast, very hard to read the names. Great idea, but just wasn't a real big fan.
Chiikabooms track was awesome, really fast great pacing, quality was baddass. She told me all she used was twitch so maybe thats what she did to make the quality better idk xD

Eions Track really loved the coloring. I'm a big fan of that.

lopez track loved it! Captured the mood perfectly!

Kyuketsuki was just mind blowing. MAD was indded great.

Thanks for your opinion about my track, surprising it was your favorite? xD I wanted to change the pink boxes into a more..detail sakura kind of borderish thing..buy sammi liked it, and I was like alright! less work for me, I was lazy too :p

Great MEP well worth the wait.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:41 am

Honestly, not my cup of tea but congrats for finishing such a long and big MEP Samaya :)
I still want to laugh remembering Luna saying "MimS please, let me finish that track, I'll do Level Up after or Samaya will kill me" XD

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:39 am

I liked the musics \o/ but sorry, except the utena part i didn't like your mep, and to me, it wasn't strong enough technically.
But still, good job for making such a long mep.

-Corsair-
Org Profile

Post by -Corsair- » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Haha I was fully aware of how fast the intro was. My excuse? Laziness. :)

Ryni0
Org Profile

Post by Ryni0 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:29 pm

CodeZTM wrote: Track 3: Ryniek - Rosario to Vampire Capu 2
- I liked the recoloring, and you hit the beat/mood of the song really nicely. Major props. :)
5/5
Thanks ! I appreciate it :awesome:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:55 pm

Oo..shiny stuff!

On the whole, I felt it was done pretty well. All tracks had really solid editing, good technicals! :up: But honestly, I thought it was a bit long and well..kinda boring. I do like how there's different styles of editing(zomg there's a M@D! XD) because that made it slightly more interesting. So yeah, good editing. Just not very interesting. Good job though, for holding such a big MEP. ;)

Also intro was hawt. But so fast. x__x

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”