[Dream on Studios] This is My Outlet.

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
weMULTIPLYgasp
Org Profile

[Dream on Studios] This is My Outlet.

Post by weMULTIPLYgasp » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:42 pm

I created this during the weekend I was sick with a really bad cold :(
It was sort of "my outlet" to get my mind of things like trying to get better.

P.S My first attempt at a trance AMV :)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: [Dream on Studios] This is My Outlet.

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:28 pm

I think, on the whole, you did a pretty nice job. As far as trance videos goes, it really hit the mark pretty well. Beautiful scenes + lovely music + good transitioning from one anime to the next = effective trance (to me anyway...).

That being said, the biggest issue with it (and one of the major facts of effective trance videos) is the video footage. Granted, several of your stuff hit this well. Madoka, BRS, Macross, etc. But others (Digimon and was the BIG one that came to mind, and I didn't know the other anime unfortunetly) were a blocky mess from the resizing, and had some nasty visual bugs in them. To really pull this off, all your video footage really needs to match each other in terms of quality, or transitions aren't as well executed.

But other than that, I really enjoyed it. If you like trance, I can recommend it, because it did nicely with the transitions that really worked well together in having a good movement of the footage. If trance isn't your thing, you might have a harder time getting into it.

But still easily a 4/5 for me.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:07 am

the bleach and naruto clips really take you out of the "experience" just because they're "Bleach" and "Naruto" haha...but kudos to you for using em in this genre, they weren't used too badly...

there were a lot of clips that just dragged on and a lot of really overused clips for these types of videos that took away from it and just made it feel like "one of those videos". There wasn't really consistent pacing, it went back and forth between being fast and slow even though the music stayed the same. most of the transitions seemed uninspired and lazy while they were still decent there were only a couple that really stood out. It ended really badly too, felt like a thinly veiled beta, i wish it was at least long enough for a proper ending but aside from that you could have had a much longer fade out of both the music and video and waited til it was over to put text up.

sorry to say, but pretty forgettable, although trance isn't my thing, so maybe code was right.

weMULTIPLYgasp
Org Profile

Post by weMULTIPLYgasp » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:03 pm

CodeZTM wrote:I think, on the whole, you did a pretty nice job. As far as trance videos goes, it really hit the mark pretty well. Beautiful scenes + lovely music + good transitioning from one anime to the next = effective trance (to me anyway...).

That being said, the biggest issue with it (and one of the major facts of effective trance videos) is the video footage. Granted, several of your stuff hit this well. Madoka, BRS, Macross, etc. But others (Digimon and was the BIG one that came to mind, and I didn't know the other anime unfortunetly) were a blocky mess from the resizing, and had some nasty visual bugs in them. To really pull this off, all your video footage really needs to match each other in terms of quality, or transitions aren't as well executed.

But other than that, I really enjoyed it. If you like trance, I can recommend it, because it did nicely with the transitions that really worked well together in having a good movement of the footage. If trance isn't your thing, you might have a harder time getting into it.

But still easily a 4/5 for me.
Hey thanks a ton for the feedback, I get what you're saying that the quality of the footage wasn't constant throughout the whole thing, that was my bad since that digimon episode (and a few other animes) were downloaded and converted on to my computer a long time ago, long before I knew about good quality source clips, encoding etc. I didn't take the time to properly do all that since this edit was just a weekend thing to kill time while I was sick. But thanks for pointing that out, i'll be sure to think about that for next time :).

weMULTIPLYgasp
Org Profile

Post by weMULTIPLYgasp » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:09 pm

gotegenks wrote:the bleach and naruto clips really take you out of the "experience" just because they're "Bleach" and "Naruto" haha...but kudos to you for using em in this genre, they weren't used too badly...

there were a lot of clips that just dragged on and a lot of really overused clips for these types of videos that took away from it and just made it feel like "one of those videos". There wasn't really consistent pacing, it went back and forth between being fast and slow even though the music stayed the same. most of the transitions seemed uninspired and lazy while they were still decent there were only a couple that really stood out. It ended really badly too, felt like a thinly veiled beta, i wish it was at least long enough for a proper ending but aside from that you could have had a much longer fade out of both the music and video and waited til it was over to put text up.

sorry to say, but pretty forgettable, although trance isn't my thing, so maybe code was right.
It's ok, and yes I used naruto and bleach lol. This trance amv was only a weekend edit to kill time while I was sick, so I only was able to aquire animes that i've already previously watched and downloaded onto my computer. Sad to say that they're all pretty mainstream so the scenes were already familiar to most people. I'm alittle confused though by what you mean when you say: "most of the transitions seemed uninspired and lazy while they were still decent there were only a couple that really stood out." But thanks again for your feedback :up:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:31 pm

I've never been an expert on transitions but hey, I felt this was pretty nicely done. :up: My only gripe is the video quality mainly because I expect really shiny stuff for trance type AMVs and also switching between blocks and shiny is bad for the eyes. XD Otherwise I really liked your scene selection. (minus EF, but that's just the inner me who hates EF in trance XD) Gudjob anyway. ^^

weMULTIPLYgasp
Org Profile

Post by weMULTIPLYgasp » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:22 pm

AimoAio wrote:I've never been an expert on transitions but hey, I felt this was pretty nicely done. :up: My only gripe is the video quality mainly because I expect really shiny stuff for trance type AMVs and also switching between blocks and shiny is bad for the eyes. XD Otherwise I really liked your scene selection. (minus EF, but that's just the inner me who hates EF in trance XD) Gudjob anyway. ^^
Thanks alot for your input, really appreciate it. Yes the quality could of been better x'D...

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”