[AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
User avatar
Centurione
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:47 am
Status: fikk fela igjen!
Location: Poland
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby Centurione » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:18 pm

You know, as a girl, I absolutely love cute things.
And it was so CUTE <3! Congrats!

User avatar
Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:39 pm
Location: OC
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby Tearx » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:59 pm

BAH!! so cute!!! >w<

I think it flowed super well, editing fit and was well done imo!

As for the story, well I've seen the anime, but you still portrayed the story from Shota's side really well~

:up:
Image

User avatar
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:19 pm
Location: Somewhere
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby AimoAio » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:57 am

Distance wrote:I fucking love this and am so happy it'S finally released 8DD
oba-chan, this is amazing. Actually the only Akross Video i like this year :up:

Aww Oji-Chan. ;__; Thanks for a such a nice comment! <3
Centurione wrote:You know, as a girl, I absolutely love cute things.
And it was so CUTE <3! Congrats!

Cute things are the best! :awesome: I'm glad you enjoyed it. ^^
Tearx wrote:BAH!! so cute!!! >w<

I think it flowed super well, editing fit and was well done imo!

As for the story, well I've seen the anime, but you still portrayed the story from Shota's side really well~

:up:

Yeah, maybe it's because I'm a girl but I find it much cuter when the guy is the one telling the story. XD Thanks! :3
Image

User avatar
Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:02 pm
Location: The Jade Motel
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby Emong » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:30 am

I really liked this. Not just because I ended up liking the anime much more than I thought I would. It was clear from the very first episode that it was pure fantasy without even a slight hint at realism. They say fantasy is for those escapists who can't handle reality but I think Kimi ni Todoke proves that the reversal is also right: reality is for those who can't handle fantasy.
Spoiler :
I mean, honestly, all the build-up for the scene where Sawako finally confesses made it emotionally unbearable, especially if you basically marathoned the whole series like I did...

So yeah my point is that your AMV managed to retain those feelings. It's easy to give all the credit to the anime and the song but to say that would be to discredit your work. It flowed really nicely and I wasn't even bothered by the usual problem I have with AMVs, namely the lack of beat sync proper. This was obviously not something that should have been beat sync oriented so a lot of it was kept at a minimal level, which absolutely worked. My only problem here was that the video lacked continuity. It was basically a collection of cute scenes and faces without anything else to keep them together but the general romantic mood. I know Kimi ni Todoke doesn't offer many visually differing scenes to work with but that's merely an excuse.

Really nice work. I'm saving this :up:
Image Image

User avatar
Chiiisus
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:50 am
Status: Turtle Creeping.
Location: London
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby Chiiisus » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:10 am

;__; TOO CUTE. <3
Rawr desu <3

User avatar
Eion
Slash wouldn't treat me like this
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:58 pm
Status: Sexy
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby Eion » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:18 pm

I haven't watched in AMV in forever, and even if I tried watching one; I'd just get really bored and close it half way through. This kept me watching. You really have outdid yourself on this Aimo, Good job! And hopefully this will win best sentimental :)

User avatar
gotegenks
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:54 pm
Location: charlesgood, california
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby gotegenks » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:24 am

Best video with the anime or band that i've seen! :up:

(though that's not saying much as i tend to avoid owl city, romance anime, and romance videos in general like the plague, but it was pretty enjoyable despite all that. some of the zooming was a little choppy and unnecessary and the clip choice for the first half or so could have been a little more inspired but other than that, solid stuff may, 4/5)
Image

User avatar
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:19 pm
Location: Somewhere
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby AimoAio » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:18 pm

Emong wrote:I really liked this. Not just because I ended up liking the anime much more than I thought I would. It was clear from the very first episode that it was pure fantasy without even a slight hint at realism. They say fantasy is for those escapists who can't handle reality but I think Kimi ni Todoke proves that the reversal is also right: reality is for those who can't handle fantasy.
Spoiler :
I mean, honestly, all the build-up for the scene where Sawako finally confesses made it emotionally unbearable, especially if you basically marathoned the whole series like I did...

So yeah my point is that your AMV managed to retain those feelings. It's easy to give all the credit to the anime and the song but to say that would be to discredit your work. It flowed really nicely and I wasn't even bothered by the usual problem I have with AMVs, namely the lack of beat sync proper. This was obviously not something that should have been beat sync oriented so a lot of it was kept at a minimal level, which absolutely worked. My only problem here was that the video lacked continuity. It was basically a collection of cute scenes and faces without anything else to keep them together but the general romantic mood. I know Kimi ni Todoke doesn't offer many visually differing scenes to work with but that's merely an excuse.

Really nice work. I'm saving this :up:

I think one of the biggest problems with KnT AMVs is that most of them tend to just use cute facial scenes without much interaction so I tried to add as much as I could while keeping the cute atmosphere. :) Thanks for the OP btw! I'll reply once I have time to sit down and read it all properly.
Chiiisus wrote:;__; TOO CUTE. <3

Is it squidge material? : D
Eion wrote:I haven't watched in AMV in forever, and even if I tried watching one; I'd just get really bored and close it half way through. This kept me watching. You really have outdid yourself on this Aimo, Good job! And hopefully this will win best sentimental :)

Aww thanks. :) I don't know about sentimental since I thought the other entry pretty much hit that on target. XD But I'm happy it got into the finals. ^^
gotegenks wrote:Best video with the anime or band that i've seen! :up:

(though that's not saying much as i tend to avoid owl city, romance anime, and romance videos in general like the plague, but it was pretty enjoyable despite all that. some of the zooming was a little choppy and unnecessary and the clip choice for the first half or so could have been a little more inspired but other than that, solid stuff may, 4/5)

Yeah. When I first edited it I really liked the part at the beginning but then the more I edited, the more I disliked it. And in the end I didn't have the heart to cut that section out. XD I do agree about the zooms, though I mainly kept them in the first verse because the song suddenly picks up and I couldn't think of another way to speed it up without ruining the flow. XD Glad you enjoyed it though, despite your dislike for romance AMVs. :mrgreen:
Image

User avatar
Inan
Another one
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:18 pm
Status: bored
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby Inan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:35 pm

Imma download this when i get home but from the comments im already excited

HydraStar
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:34 am
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby HydraStar » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:04 am

This was really amazing!! <3 It's my favorite clip in the contest!!
I already love Owl City's songs and when I first heard Enchanted I wanted to see it in an AMV and now you did this :up:
The timing was SO good and the whole video is really enjoyable and touching! But seriously, the thing I liked most about it is that it's both simple and nice :awesome: :awesome:
The only thing is that it's too long for me, others than that your did awesome job =D can't wait to see your next work.

And congratulations on getting best romance |:>
Last edited by HydraStar on Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Magnus
Treasure this time
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:40 pm
Status: Extremely Handsome
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby Magnus » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Image
AimoAio (AuN Studios) - Enchanted - Best Romance at AKROSS Con 2011

Congratulations, May! :)
This is AuN's first Akross award, and it sure won't be our last!
ImageImageImage
Image

User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:38 am
Status: Doctor
Location: Honduras
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby TritioAFB » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Congratulations my friend. I'm glad to have taken participation in the betatesting of Enchanted
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage

User avatar
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am
Status: Under your bed!
Location: Argentina
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby [madaraxD] » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Congratz May!!
Image

User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Status: Flapping Lips
Location: Arkansas
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby CodeZTM » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:01 pm

Congratulations Aimo! I'm so happy for you! :3

User avatar
ENEMYAIR_TO_GROUND
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:09 pm
Status: Single
Location: Albania
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2011] Enchanted

Postby ENEMYAIR_TO_GROUND » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Great work. I loved it, absolutely beautiful.


Return to “AMV Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest