dps| Awakening

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SeNniN
Org Profile

dps| Awakening

Post by SeNniN » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:24 am

YouTube [High Quality]

I started this project for Japan Expo, but never got around to finishing it on time.
So, I sat down last night and got this done. Let me know what you guys think.

SeNniN
Org Profile

Re: dps| Awakening

Post by SeNniN » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:54 pm

It'll be great to hear some feedback from you guys. It seems like this got buried under other post.
I'll appreciate it, thanks.

And I HIGHLY recommend watching the HQ version on youtube.

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:14 pm

I liked the mood you set with the song and the scenes fit very nicely to it. The editing itself was well done also. Good stuff.,
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

Vanity
Org Profile

Post by Vanity » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:02 am

:up: pretty solid.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:56 am

Nothing outstanding but I like the atmosphere !

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:36 am

The editing was nice, but I feel that your video lacks........something. Because you ignored so many of the random sound effects in the video, I feel that you missed your opportunity to give your video a little extra flavor. I think that Chiikaboom's AMV is the best example of what I'm talking about. She expressed all the weird sound effects in her audio with video effects and cuts that really gave her video a flare. Although, I probably should be the last person to talk about effects since I hardly ever use even basic effects.

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Minimoto wrote:I liked the mood you set with the song and the scenes fit very nicely to it. The editing itself was well done also. Good stuff.,
Thanks, glad you liked it. :awesome:
Vanity wrote::up: pretty solid.
Thanks. ^^
MimS wrote:Nothing outstanding but I like the atmosphere !
Agreed, I don't consider it out of this world either. xD Glad you liked it.
kireblue wrote:The editing was nice, but I feel that your video lacks........something. Because you ignored so many of the random sound effects in the video, I feel that you missed your opportunity to give your video a little extra flavor. I think that Chiikaboom's AMV is the best example of what I'm talking about. She expressed all the weird sound effects in her audio with video effects and cuts that really gave her video a flare. Although, I probably should be the last person to talk about effects since I hardly ever use even basic effects.
hmm.. I intentionally left the random sounds because I just don't like making things messy.. .and would rather just focus on the cuts and sound that count as important. I mean no offense, but the video you linked, though did manage to hit that every beat and sound, but it looks messy because of it. I like keeping things simple, and not have a blinking or tv simulator effect thrown at the video just for the sake of hitting that beat. If anything, I believe it causes distraction to the viewer, that is, unless your into that sort of things.
But, I didn't leave out every sound or beat that you might think I may have, I try to sync them with the things that's happening in the scenes at the time. So by that I mean sync to movement, or anything else being shown. But, Thank you so much for giving it a watch, and I appreciate the comment. :awesome:
Last edited by SeNniN on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:04 pm

Mhm i thought it had potential and all that,but maybe doing what kireblue wrote would have helped in this case-> i mean maybe even adding n simple noise would have worked : P But yeah you have chosen to do it like that , which doesn't mean it's bad :P.

:dino:
Still better than that MMO.

kyle_m
Org Profile

Post by kyle_m » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:16 pm

fx are good. cc and others. i could hardly designate tv from movie... in preview) well, i think this is that kind of idea, very close to its creator, and thus by chance could be valuated by others. so, i'd never put a bet that such vid can own a crowds of fans

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:31 pm

The intro of the video really showed good promise :up:
The rest - Well... It didn't fall into my taste that much, but keep working on that cutting! It will get you far, I promise you that :wink:
Cheers!
ImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”