[Japan Expo 2011-1st] Dn@ - L.I.B

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
S.A. Robert
Org Profile

Re: [Japan Expo 2011-1st] Dn@ - L.I.B

Post by S.A. Robert » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:49 am

Awesome, GJ :up:

Neverend
The cockpuncher
Org Profile

Post by Neverend » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:57 am

Cenit wrote: best fma vid is "From the Ashes".
I do agree, its easily my favorit fma video of all time!

Though as stated before, this vid is fucking awesome, the flow, the transitions and the sync is spot on!

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:54 am

Well, Cenit, you misunderstand me, by best FMA vid, I don't consider my personal taste but only the work and, really, from a technical point of view, LIB is better than any FMA vid done from the time being. The editing in general IS solid, with great flow, transitions, mostly well thought effects (mostly, not always). My only complaint is a personal one : I don't like the music and I think it lacks impact on the viewer but well... It did have impact on others haha. Well, in fact, I don't really like that much LIB, I think it's a great vid but I don't like it that much...
In any case, know that my favourite FMA vid is Agony.

I really don't think judging blindly changes anything when he comes to editors you appreciate or hate since I do think you recognize their style in their vids. Fact is I always knew when I was watching Dn@ or Kain's vids in IC4 without even them telling me so... not that is useless, it has its interest but it's not THE solution.

It's not random, I keep my opinion :
You didn't get what it's about, too bad though it seems obvious to me, Dn@ just shows key moments of the show in the order.
Absolutely not original? For sure, I give you that.
Anyway, let's suppose it's random : Can't a random vid win a contest? Particularly considering JE contest, I mean, Nostro did win with Magic Pad and Auriga and if this vids were not random, random doesn't exist x)

@ Dn@ : I appreciate that, since WUN, you've learned to edit verses and chorus differently :awesome:

Dn@
Org Profile

Post by Dn@ » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Thx everyone for some interesting feedback to read :up: .

I would like to clarify one thing that is annoying me, i did not create my thread by saying anything pretentious like 'best epic fma' or whatsoever, i did not choose my place at the contest, i wrote it in the title so people that haven't seen the clip before (coz i released it later) could find it easily.

So please, if you wanna argue about the best amv on an anime that is 10 years old and has 1000 amv's on it create a topic, if you wanna argue about the japan expo contest ranking go to the topic in contest.

I just created my thread here to share my last amv and read opinions from foreign amv-makers the rest doesen't interest me and if it makes some of you guys feel better i really liked traumerei, from the ashes and tsumibito no kashou.

Either way thanks for replying to my thread and downloading my amv wether you liked it or not. ;)

big boss93
Org Profile

Post by big boss93 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:03 am

I like it! This is my favourite fma brotherhood amv! maybe because i love this anime, or maybe because i love this song, but watching it was amazing. Well done. :up:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:46 am

Dn@ wrote:Thanks for comments, each have its opinion and I respect that even if its funny to read from some of you like gaurry (lol),
But for the contest it self if u wanna argue about the ranking go directly to contest page I am not a judge and I dident get to choose my position.:)
gaurry likes only his vids, apparently. Or rather I haven't ever seem him like a video yet :> (might've missed it, though! O: )

That said, I thought it was solid, though I not fancy FMA neither FMA:B. I can see why judges went for this, though, so... gratz, I suppose :>

Gaurry
Org Profile

Post by Gaurry » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:45 am

Nya-chan Production, Gaurry likes only good vids. Surprised?
best fma vid is "From the Ashes".
yep.
and

...even old Nostromo's fma vid looks more interesting. for contest winner. like one more org's fma-vid it's not bad.

Thepooh
Org Profile

Post by Thepooh » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:27 pm

Milk Or Life! wrote: Maybe JE should try anonymous stuff huh D:.
JE : 2009
1) Qwaqa - Time
2) tramp - Rerun
3) Nostromo - Galaxy Pad - The Magic Bounce

JE : 2010
1) Scarab/Trampler - It's smoky today
2) Nostromo - Pure Thrust
3) Kosmit - The Darkest of Places

Almost same judges....
THEPOOHMINATORUSREX (Youtube)

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:17 pm

It's a really good video, good music + good flow = enjoyability, thats all thats needed

and somebody needs to say it; Gaurry is a faggot.

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:29 pm

as a fan, I love it... as an editor im a little bit sad cuz I really wanted to edit to this song... :/

anyway nice job, and I really give shit to contests, it is just a good amv-
SING! Never mind the words!!!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”