Wet Dreams (Are Made of This)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Ijexis
Org Profile

Wet Dreams (Are Made of This)

Post by Ijexis » Mon May 30, 2011 2:59 am

Been awhile since I last completed something. Enjoyed working on this a great deal, and enjoyed creating the audio mix for this project. Somewhat of a spiritual sequel to Waltzing on Venus in that regard.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Re: Wet Dreams (Are Made of This)

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon May 30, 2011 12:20 pm

I am not sure you understand what Wet Dream means in english ... :awesome:

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Mon May 30, 2011 12:23 pm

JudgeHolden wrote:I am not sure you understand what Wet Dream means in english ... :awesome:
Hohoho, but I do. Nocturnal emissions, amirite? :ying:

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Tue May 31, 2011 10:40 am

The song mix you used is really tripped out. I wouldn't even begin to know how to edit a video to it. That being said, I enjoyed this. Talk about a mood-setting piece. It was maybe a bit too long and I wasn't crazy over the intro / outro, but overall editing was solid and scene transitions were suitably smooth.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:17 am

Heart-rending, to say the least. It has a sort of beautiful sadness to it. Also, this is so unique that its kinda hard to figure out how you thought of this idea in the first place. I think you should make a sequel AMV called "Getting wetter". <--- A lot of guys will watch an AMV with this title... Just a thought. :sweat:

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:05 pm

irriadin wrote:The song mix you used is really tripped out. I wouldn't even begin to know how to edit a video to it. That being said, I enjoyed this. Talk about a mood-setting piece. It was maybe a bit too long and I wasn't crazy over the intro / outro, but overall editing was solid and scene transitions were suitably smooth.
Thanks, took a while for me to create the mix, about a week and half worth of work and numerous versions of it were born, all others longer than this one. Glad that you enjoyed it and appreciate the commentary.
lloyd9988 wrote:Heart-rending, to say the least. It has a sort of beautiful sadness to it. Also, this is so unique that its kinda hard to figure out how you thought of this idea in the first place. I think you should make a sequel AMV called "Getting wetter". <--- A lot of guys will watch an AMV with this title... Just a thought. :sweat:
The idea, well, it was born from the music I listen to and the mix that came from said music. The title of the mix is what further inspired the idea, originally did not plan on using the mix for editing purposes but the urge to edit to it kept rising more and more as I kept on listening to it. The ideas just flowed forth and I tried to incorporate the ethereal concept of dreams.
Haha, that would be an interesting idea.

kenisama
Org Profile

Post by kenisama » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:39 am

Moving stuff, I actually liked the live-action shots you placed in there. Everything just seemed to flow, well edited. Great job!
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:13 am

kenisama wrote:Moving stuff, I actually liked the live-action shots you placed in there. Everything just seemed to flow, well edited. Great job!
Thanks, I tried to implement the live action as seamlessly as I possibly could without making it jarring, attempting to showcase the character's increasing descent into the world of dreams.

rapoverrockamvs
Org Profile

Post by rapoverrockamvs » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:50 am

good job, Probably should of stoppped about 1:42, after that it becomes a bit repetitive of the same scenes (wings, random head turns, staring into the sky.)

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:13 am

rapoverrockamvs wrote:good job, Probably should of stoppped about 1:42, after that it becomes a bit repetitive of the same scenes (wings, random head turns, staring into the sky.)
Thank you for the comment and criticism. However, having the video end that early would have not fulfilled my desires since it was at that moment that the character fell deeper into sleep, becoming more encompassed by her dreams, hence why she stops showing up until awakening. And I am well aware of certain repetitive aspects of the video, such as the wings, but that was one of the main motifs of the video. It symbolizes flight and the character's desire to escape from the real world into her dreams. Believe me, numerous aspects and iterations of the second half were explored. Fully edited and scrapped at least twice due to not being adequate, no scene went into this video without serving some sort of purpose, either visually, thematically or aesthetically.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”