Take a look here

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Take a look here

Postby DDGorgeouz » Sun May 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Firstly i'm so glad to have become a member of these awesome forums comunity i know i'll have 2much to learn and practice in order to improve my editting skills however here i leave a small AMV that i made a few hours ago so guys i wanna heard/read ur opinions about it .

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2kQs6MtcmU

PS: forgot to mention this was my first time making an amv and second time editing a video for youtube so don't be rude with the newbie T_T

[Kariudo: added vidid tags]
DDGorgeouz

Re: Take a look here

Postby Kariudo » Tue May 03, 2011 3:29 pm

Looks like a pretty typical first AMV to me. I'm not real crazy about using the OPs/EDs...but that's just me. Now that I think about it...it might be a good way to learn.

I won't go on and on, but there's a few points I'll mention.

Sync:
There was some sync, but most of the action and transitions weren't synced to anything. There's more than one way to sync, but for your next amv I'd recommend getting familiar with beat sync.
Try to make your cuts/fades/other transitions happen on the beat of the music. It doesn't have to be the beat, but the beat is usually the easiest to find. From there, you can start syncing the action in your clips to the beat (or some other element in the music, like guitar or synth)

Pacing:
Try to match the motion in your clips to the pace of the song. Slow phrases in the music tend to work better with clips that have slower motion. Likewise, faster phrases in the music tend to work with clips with more/faster motion.
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Re: Take a look here

Postby DDGorgeouz » Tue May 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Thanks for the advice gonna try to do my best the next time.
DDGorgeouz

Return to AMV Announcements