Every Anime Opening Ever Made

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Re: Every Anime Opening Ever Made

Post by LittleAtari » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:12 pm

I lolled at the anime opening one ^^ good work

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:44 am

Welcome back!

I never knew how many openings had turning heads and crying girls. :P
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Kenzichu
Org Profile

Post by Kenzichu » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:41 am

I never realized..

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:47 am

Congrats on getting this on college humor( http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1944099 ) haha. This is cool!

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:44 am

I thought the idea behind the anime opening video was cool, but other then that, the video is nothing spectacular. If the title was any different and the premise behind it wasn't known. the video would be just like any other video that uses only anime openings just more systematic and boring. It will make a good Iron Chef, "Guess the Anime" video though.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:27 am

My comment:
"But "every" is a little overstatement :) But it nicely describes scenaristic approaches, Grek would cry with joy" - Grek being one of my friends who enjoys picking up stuff like that.

Grek's comment after a while:
"It was so-so. The author in many times connect scenes which fall into different categories (for example in those running and moving scenes we differentiate around 15 types of those). He could've done more research about that.

And btw it would be directional approach."

Yep, he doesn't go easy on anything :> I agree with him, but still a nice video, 4/5

yoshi1013
Org Profile

Post by yoshi1013 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:17 am

Believe me, I'm fully aware that this video isn't technically very impressive. Downloading, converting and editing only took me three days, and half of that was the converting and sorting. Everything after that was adjusting the order a bit and deciding which beats to sync to. After that it was making a lot of clips the same length. Some parts of the song I changed shots give or take a frame because it didn't *feel* synced.

The "Every anime opening ever made" was more of a marketing decision because I knew that it would get more attention on the youtubes than if I named it something more accurate. It's just meant to be a joke. It's not every opening nor do I actually believe that every anime opening has these things in them. I really wanted to put Ghost in the Shell in 'cause I like the show, but these things really aren't in their openings :P

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:20 pm

Unlimited Rice wrote:Congrats on getting this on college humor( http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1944099 ) haha. This is cool!
Viral video, GO!!! :lol:
ImageImage

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:26 pm

angelx03 wrote:
Unlimited Rice wrote:Congrats on getting this on college humor( http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1944099 ) haha. This is cool!
Viral video, GO!!! :lol:
It was posted on Sankaku Complex too! :asd:

Since it's slightly NSFW I'll put the link under indirect spoiler:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:29 pm

HOLY FUCKING CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibPCLMH1 ... =recentlik
That's the current view count............

I'm so jealous right now that I could seriously throw up. Little Kuriboh / CardgamesFTW just favored your video about 2 hours ago, so your AMV truly is viral right now. I haven't seen anything go viral this fast since Attack of the Otaku and Skittles.

RAGE :evil:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”