[Connichi 2010] Living on the C-List

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
RottenJesus
Org Profile

[Connichi 2010] Living on the C-List

Post by RottenJesus » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Hey guys!

After being a unmotivated bastard for over 5 years, I took the courage to complete a video and send it in to the german Connichi-contest. It didn't win a price there though, it's not really suited for a con public, as it is no action-amv that blows your head off or makes you laugh. It is a non-action, no-effects Video that focuses on storytelling, as the singer is really great at that and I wanted to visualize this with Beck. I tried to stay really close to the lyrics with my scene-selection, and I think I managed to do that pretty good.

I want to thank the people posting in a thread I made some months ago about how scene-selection is such a pain in the ass, who encouraged me to complete this, with some tuff love. And I clearly aim to stay in this business now.

So, this is my 2nd fulltime-video I made in a time over 6 years. Is that a record? :D

Comments and feedback are always appreciated!

Last edited by RottenJesus on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

S.A. Robert
Org Profile

Re: [Connichi 2010] Living on the C-List

Post by S.A. Robert » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:14 pm

The video turned out good, but boring truth.

RottenJesus
Org Profile

Post by RottenJesus » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:25 am

S.A. Robert wrote:The video turned out good, but boring truth.
Thanks for your comment!
I guess it really could have been more exciting. I wanted to focus on storytelling here though, as I myself find pure action-amvs pretty boring ^^ I'll consider putting more excitement in when I make a project like that again.

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:18 am

You know what i think about it. Good work, but could have been better when focused more on one char and his point of view. :up:
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

RottenJesus
Org Profile

Post by RottenJesus » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Cenit wrote:You know what i think about it. Good work, but could have been better when focused more on one char and his point of view. :up:
Thanks!

Surely something that I intended, as Koyuki was the singer of the song in my mind all the time. I guess some more lipsync would have made that more clearly, but I lost focus on that during the project.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”