Have You Heard? - DarkCrystallis

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Dark Crystallis
Org Profile

Have You Heard? - DarkCrystallis

Post by Dark Crystallis » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Well, first time posting here, I've been told it's dangerous but I think I can take it xD
This is my first full amv of the year, been on a long block..so happy finally got out of it ^^

I could say that the video has two concepts in it, since I wanted to follow the idea the song gives out and that is two things: to feel like your the richest person just because you have someone special by your side and secondly, to just be yourself, be spontaneous, you're a new morning, a new life, don't waste it by just copying someone else's life, make your own story. This second concept is the one I wanted to bring out the most, that's why at one point of the amv I tried to capture the selected anime characters in a white room, being recorded while they're just being their natural selves :] I also chose to do it entirely in B&W because I wanted to include clips of the actual music video (which is also in B&W) in it, and I always feel that B&W somehow shows more emotion in certain things.

So I hope you enjoy the vid, and tell me your opinion of it ^^'

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Re: Have You Heard? - DarkCrystallis

Post by Mkid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Amazing amv, Great job :up:

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Really liked the mood on this one, I don't about having the same B/W setting throughout the whole video, but it definetly added more feeling into it.

Only complaint was the font used at the beginning, nothing too major about it.

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Niwa wrote:
I told her that ;__;

Your damn masterpiece Monica, keep it up :bzz2:

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:07 am

oh you finished it Monica : o

/gets : )

Edit : I remember that after watching the beta I told I knew u something like this vid even before seeing it because of the current "fashion" in amv-making with those various using Eroge sources and all that type of stuffs.
You see what I mean I think.
Well, the more the vid progress, the less I have that feeling, you definitely managed to make your own thing, still this is not really different from what I can see every day.
Nice atmosphere, since you use B&W during the all vid, you should have played more on contrast, it would have increased its power according to me.
I don't think the singer was necesary but well, it doesn't disturb either.

Let's say I give u a 3.75 / 5 and that I will watch with a little curiosity your next videos ;)

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:44 am

Mkid wrote:Amazing amv, Great job :up:
+1 |:>

you know how huch I love it, so long without this great feeling after an amv.
MimS wrote:Well, the more the vid progress, the less I have that feeling, you definitely managed to make your own thing, still this is not really different from what I can see every day.
I thought the same, but this have its own magic. :up:

HAILS Crystallis!!!
SING! Never mind the words!!!

Dark Crystallis
Org Profile

Post by Dark Crystallis » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:15 am

FarmXD wrote:
Niwa wrote:
I told her that ;__;
GAH I KNEW IT! All this time along since I finished it I knew something wasnt quite right, the damn font I meant to change after I finished the whole thing! Left it for last and completely forgot about it..BLARG >_< and afterwards after watching the betas so many times..I got used to the ugly one and...fail :?
but oh well, thats how you learn -.-
MimS wrote:Nice atmosphere, since you use B&W during the all vid, you should have played more on contrast, it would have increased its power according to me.
I don't think the singer was necesary but well, it doesn't disturb either.

Let's say I give u a 3.75 / 5 and that I will watch with a little curiosity your next videos ;)
hmm yus I think I shouldve played with the contrast a lil more now that you mention it, will have it in mind in case I do another B&W vid in the future :wink: and funny, thats just like the punctuation I myself give to it xD 3.75/5 a simple average going on good ^^' thx!

Thank you everyone for the advice and opinions about it! Glad most of you, despite the flaws in it, liked it in some ways :sweat:

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:17 pm

Dark Crystallis wrote:
but oh well, thats how you learn -.-
:up:

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:50 pm