Another Inception trailer amv - By Arczi

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Arczi
Org Profile

Another Inception trailer amv - By Arczi

Post by Arczi » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:06 am

Title: Matrix Inception Trailer
Category: Trailer, Action
Anime: The Animatrix
Audio: Inception Trailer 2
Creator: Arczi

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Re: Another Inception trailer amv - By Arczi

Post by dreamawake » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:11 am

Hmmm...Inception, but on the other hand, Arczi...Wat do?

/will think about this and get back to you

Yeah, this had a lot of potential, but your whole "Not edit this like a trailer" deal fucked you more than it helped you. I was disappoint, Sorry. :(

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:31 am

A little hard to imagine as being "Inception" and not the Animatrix, but perhaps if I wasn't familiar with the source I might get more into it.

Still, pretty well done, I think. And the credits were nice. :up:
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:40 am

Couldn't pass up an arczi vid.

Well, maybe i'm just too used to the whole idea of synchronizing lyrics with certain characters and forming a parody of a real trailer cause I gotta be honest, this didn't feel like a trailer to me at most points. The opening seemed to work well cause it felt like the character was thinking aloud and you were showing the visuals but most parts after that sound like they should have been directly spoken for it to work.

Anyway I did enjoy it and liked it for it's intensity. :up: 4/5

I think lyrics play too important a role to ignore them in trailers (I hope I explained my thoughts well enough about this above), especially if it's not a narrator or an announcer. So honestly, this felt more like a dramatic action amv than a trailer to me.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Arczi
Org Profile

Post by Arczi » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:45 am

Let's just say it was some kind of experiment for me.

It was very important to me, to not make main character in this project. Actually none of characters in Animatrix didn't fit to well to Inception. That's why I tried to not specify who is the the most important in this trailer. Or should I say, the main character are everyone shown in this trailer.

About the non lipsynch, this was the biggest challenge, to not make it. Even in original trailer there are almost none footage with "talking heads". Almost every talking part is filled with action editing scenes. And so I tried to make the same. I put some scenes that should replace the lipsynch part, like the part with "Wake me up" filled with scenes with characters trying to...well, wake up..But It looks like I failed in this.

And as I wrote in commentary to this amv, this is not typical trailer, more like combination of action amv and trailer amv.

Making this trailer was big fun for me, and I pretty enjoy the final version, but as we all know, creator see his amv's different than the others.

Thank you guys, for your comments. I'll do my best next time:).

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:51 am

Don't take my comment there the wrong way, Arczi. The sync was fantastic, and it was very well done, I just found that without the lip sync element, the trailer really just felt rediculous to me with the voice overs. I would've preferred to see this somehow without the voice overs, and just keeping the SFX and music from the trailer, but I don't suppose that's something you could've done without some heavy audio editing. Very well edited, just felt funky to me without the lip sync element as a trailer.

Just wanted to clear that up bro, your editing was fantastic. :up:

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:33 pm

Fantastic, really enjoyed it :up:

Good to see a trailer AMV that doesn't just use the audio as an excuse to do some lip sync. I think you pulled it off well.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:25 am

Yeah, exactly what NS said. Great job pal :up: :D

DSK3
Org Profile

Post by DSK3 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:34 am

I liked it!
good job
well... I don't care

ExSphere
Org Profile

Post by ExSphere » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:57 pm

I don't really see why there are so many trailers to this half ass movie, but this one definantly stuck out far. your on a tie with Req and his akira video. But this beats the Advent children and paprika trailer i saw with this trailer.

4/5

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”