The Anime Iowa Iron Editor Contest 2010

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
pyrolord
Org Profile

The Anime Iowa Iron Editor Contest 2010

Post by pyrolord » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:09 pm

This is the video that was made for the Anime Iowa Iron Editor 2010.

We don't run our contest like the other Iron Editor contest. The contestants were given six hours to edit their audio and the only thing we provided was the audio.

The contestants had to provide their own systems and and their own anime.

We had four contestants this year and the fact that the editors provided their own systems, this meant we actually had four different editing programs.

Since I was the coordinator of the contest, i did the intro and the outro.

Systems by editor in order of clip.

Pyrolord - Sony Vegas 8.0

Animefaerie2 - Windows Movie Maker

Momoko17 - Final Cut Pro

Everfire - Sony Vegas Pro 9.0

Kugs - Adobe Premier

The song was broken up into four different sections of a minute and half and each editor had to edit their section of the video. The sections were given out by the unbiased rolling of percentile dice.

The winner of the dice roll was given the choice of either starting the video or finishing the video and then the clips were given to the others in the order of which the rolled.

Once again, I repeat, this video was made in six hours.

I was impressed with what they could do in six hours and I hope you enjoy the video.

jubjub2
Org Profile

Re: The Anime Iowa Iron Editor Contest 2010

Post by jubjub2 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:17 pm

The fact that Skip Beat and Earl and Fairy are in this guarantees a download and view from me...

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”