Inescapable and Unusual Animals [More Elfen Lied!]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Cyrix
Org Profile

Inescapable and Unusual Animals [More Elfen Lied!]

Post by Cyrix » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:44 pm

I swear I only have one Elfen Lied AMV left after this, and only because the idea (a comedy) popped into my head and I couldn't resist.

First, the poorly-rated and much hated effects galore action-drama: :bzz:

Now, we really liked this video, but it hasn't gone over very well due to "too many effects" which supposedly "distract from the story". Bah, I say! Hopefully we'll find some people who like effects-to-emphasize-the-music. With such a prominent guitar riff, it felt important to focus on beat synch, but we still worked hard on the story. Honestly, I think we did a great job on it for the most part...

Moving on to the antithesis, our only-cross-dissolves-and-overlays-because-that-seemed-big-at-AX entry, the slow and disturbing (heh, Disturbed) emotional drama-drama: :bzz2:

Haven't gotten any feedback on this one yet. Note that it has major spoilers, and uses completely different footage than Inescapable so don't worry about overlap.

Hope you enjoy, and constructive tips are always appreciated - always want to know how to get better.

*goes off to make some posters*

Cyrix
Org Profile

Re: Inescapable and Unusual Animals [More Elfen Lied!]

Post by Cyrix » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Not even one response? :( . Is everyone sick of Elfen Lied?

SJCorrectet
Org Profile

Post by SJCorrectet » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:54 pm

would have been funnier as 'inescapable and unusual animals'

Cyrix
Org Profile

Post by Cyrix » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:40 am

Funnier or less poorly chosen of a title? :P I will assume EL is on par with DBZ/Linkin Park now. Gotta get used to the forums, eh?

SJCorrectet
Org Profile

Post by SJCorrectet » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:44 am

nah youre alright.

the hell, I'll check it out

edit:

second one definitely more your style. That is, your technique seemed to help you out on that one more.
I'm not a huge fan of elfen Lied

Cyrix
Org Profile

Post by Cyrix » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Thanks. I really like what we did with the first one (honestly don't like cross dissolves and most AMVs we see are only cross dissolves) but it hasn't gone over as well with others. I should probably learn an effects program like AE so I have access to better effects but I'm afraid of how much time that will take. I think part of the problem is nobody can understand the lyrics of Stricken so they don't notice the footage matches them so well, and also since I put all those clips there I know what they are and don't get confused by the effects. Anyway, we went simpler for the second video and that seems to go over better.

Why did you think the name "unusual animals" was supposed to be funny? It wasn't intended to be funny, I used it because Kohta says he loves unusual animals and Lucy later dwells on that line and takes it personally.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”