Inception - Paprika

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
You choose Sam,the rest
Org Profile

Inception - Paprika

Post by You choose Sam,the rest » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Here’s a new trailer for Inception to the anime Paprika that I think is a fitting combination.

Enjoy!

Special thanks to SQ and Warped for beta testing.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Re: Inception - Paprika

Post by SQ » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:19 pm

Was waiting for this. 8)

Still say you should've gotten VAs, but otherwise it's still pretty damn amazing. What I would expect from wuwu.
:up:
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:36 pm

You know, just 2 days ago I got this idea...shoulda moved quicker. I'll check it out.

Edit:

lol dude, what the hell was going on with the lip syncs, they were all over the place. Women lipping for male voices...shit just looked bad. I still think this idea could be executed a lot better, but the parts where you weren't lip syncing were nice for the most part, it had it's good moments.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:23 am

The gender swap is hard, but there was nothing wrong that I saw with the lip synch itself.
Are you sure? :?
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:12 pm

Yeah, the gender thing really kinda messed up watching the video for me. Really, given the source, you probably could've easily switched the character assignments, given that they both do a lot of the same thing. Lip synch itself really wasn't off, just the gender bit was jarring and messed up the flow. Like Arashinome said, the parts without lip synch were great, though.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:42 pm

The gender swap thing was definitely a deal killer for this. Also not a fan of using the text and SPX from the actual trailer.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”