Nara

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Chiiisus
Org Profile

Re: Nara

Post by Chiiisus » Mon May 24, 2010 9:56 am

I loved this *o* It made me feel calm and relaxed, so yuh awesome calming feeling to it! :up:
Rawr desu <3

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon May 24, 2010 12:57 pm

I have to say, honestly, this was a big let down. I enjoyed your last few videos far more than this one, this really just seems like some pretentious bullshit to me. I see a lot of random clips and LOL PEACE&HARMONY in the video info, but I really don't see the video portraying anything at all. It's just there.

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Sun May 30, 2010 2:25 pm

Well done sir :)

This tries to do something different from most amv's, and I like that :up:
very tranquil
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Eion
Slash wouldn't treat me like this
Org Profile

Post by Eion » Sun May 30, 2010 4:40 pm

everything in my thoughts has already been said in this forum i have one thing to say,

I love you for making this, 5/5

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Mon May 31, 2010 9:06 pm

That was definitely an interesting concept, and overall I thought it was well executed. :up:

-MD
Org Profile

Post by -MD » Mon May 31, 2010 10:24 pm

So...I was watching this video and all I could think about was Chrono Cross for some reason....I have no clue why.....kind of a random thought but for me...that's a good thing :up: Nice vid.

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Mon May 31, 2010 11:03 pm

Very original and artistic work. Masks were perfect and you did a great job at integrating them with the backgrounds. I love the little details such as the reflections and the fish :up:
P.S. The gallery on your page was interesting to go through. All you need is some "making of Nara" pictures to add to the awesomeness :P

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Mon May 31, 2010 11:23 pm

While the concept is there. It's far from strong enough to carry the video. I think the story you were focusing on wasn't focused enough to grasp peoples attention. That aside though. While I can see that a fair amount of effort went into this, I'm not going to praise you to the heavens. As to be honest, none of this strikes me as particularly breathtaking as most people seem to suggest. While I will compliment you for doing something different it is absolutely not taking things to the next level.

Still however despite my criticism it was an interesting video to watch.

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:20 am

I really liked your Hello World video so I thought I would check this one out.
The use of masking was amazing, and the visual quality perfect. But even when I finished the video I was still wondering which was really the point you were trying to reach. The sequence of clips was just right for the pace of the song, but the fact that most of them seemed incongruent with each other didn't help to carry on through all of it.

I liked the song/visual combination you made, so I had a good time watching it. If you were trying to reach for the artistic aspect of the video more than a point to it, you did it just fine.

oro$hi
Org Profile

Post by oro$hi » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:19 pm

you like it ? i did it myself. it takes a very long time when you're making the Masks, but... i suppose that's the point, isn't it? =)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”