Hold Me Up

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Hold Me Up

Postby CrackTheSky » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Hey all I made a thing and I think it's a decent thing and it's a thing I want to share with you so here:

Also, if you're going to complain about the visual quality of the thing please read the thing's video description first.

Thanks!
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Re: Hold Me Up

Postby CastielTheFallen » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Fantastic stuff brotha!
DZ|BSP
CastielTheFallen
Prodigal Pen-Throttle

Postby JaddziaDax » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:50 pm

I enjoyed it :)
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby MouseBollocks » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Really dug this. Not only does it feel totally evocative of a particular time and place (I'd actually love to see more videos like this being made now), but it's a really fun video in it's own right. Really fucking great work, and honestly one of my favourite videos from this year so far.
"Never fall for a tennis player. Love means nothing to them"
MouseBollocks
Deranged Baboon

Postby macchinainterna » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:02 pm

This turned out so good! Old school amv editing that's top notch :D

Great job, Ben :up: :up:
ImageImage
macchinainterna

Postby ReggieSmalls » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:49 pm

Good video man
If I Ain't Happy I Get Slappy!!!
ReggieSmalls

Postby M'o'l » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:26 am

Dunno if its all that old schoold emulated but it's pretty enjoyable which is quote hard for me in amvs these days for some reason. Feels good :up:
GO MAGIC CARP USE SPLASH ATTACK.
M'o'l
Strawberry Pie

Postby Shui » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:10 pm

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Thanks Crack in the Sky!

I feel much the same about oldschool AMVs, and I can't get enough Kare Kano AMVs.
This will fit neatly right next to Kusoyaros Build Me Up Buttercup (how you mentioned in the viddesc) and Mabaroshis Far & Away .. yeah no dl HERE YOU GO

Thanks again,
Shui
Shui
Shuitcake

Postby CrackTheSky » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:54 pm

CastielTheFallen wrote:Fantastic stuff brotha!

JaddziaDax wrote:I enjoyed it :)

macchinainterna wrote:This turned out so good! Old school amv editing that's top notch :D

Great job, Ben :up: :up:

ReggieSmalls wrote:Good video man

Milk or Life! wrote:Dunno if its all that old schoold emulated but it's pretty enjoyable which is quote hard for me in amvs these days for some reason. Feels good :up:

Thanks guys! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

MouseBollocks wrote:Really dug this. Not only does it feel totally evocative of a particular time and place (I'd actually love to see more videos like this being made now), but it's a really fun video in it's own right. Really fucking great work, and honestly one of my favourite videos from this year so far.

Thank you! I'm especially glad you felt like it came from a particular time/place, to me that was the most important element in making this video. I'm probably going to be making more videos in this style, it was so much fun and I'm really pleased with the result.

Shui wrote:<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Thanks Crack in the Sky!

I feel much the same about oldschool AMVs, and I can't get enough Kare Kano AMVs.
This will fit neatly right next to Kusoyaros Build Me Up Buttercup (how you mentioned in the viddesc) and Mabaroshis Far & Away .. yeah no dl HERE YOU GO

Thanks again,
Shui

Gaaaaaahhhh THANK YOU <3 I actually PM'd Maboroshi just over a week ago asking for a copy of Far & Away because it's the one video of his that's NOT on his website. He didn't give it to me but he said that he would upload it to his site...and he hasn't yet. SO GLAD someone has this, thank you for sharing! And thank you for watching and commenting!
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Postby Qyot27 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:42 pm

I miss videos like this.

Only complaint: the encode should've been for Video CD. :P
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog
Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny

Postby CrackTheSky » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:57 pm

Qyot27 wrote:I miss videos like this.

Teach me, master.
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Postby Qyot27 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:19 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:
Qyot27 wrote:I miss videos like this.

Teach me, master.

Free version of TMPGEnc with the 'NTSC Film' (for 23.976 fps) template under VCD is the easiest way. Or more technically, 1150kbps CBR* MPEG-1 @ 352x240 (352x288 for PAL) and 224kbps 44.1 kHz MP2. If in doubt in regards to compliancy, get an old version of Nero and try to add the .mpg file to a Video CD project. I doubt current versions still have that option; I might be wrong, though.

*at least according to spec; XVCDs that used VBR may or may not work in standalone players. This is technology from 1993, after all.

1150kbps + 224kbps = 1374 kbps / 8 = 171.75 KiB/s * 60 sec = 10.305 MiB per minute

That old '10 MiB per minute' rule that was so ubiquitous back in the Xvid era? It was a direct product of VCD conventions whereby a standard CD would hold 80 minutes of content, as the intended maximum duration of a VCD was set to match the maximum duration for music CDs.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog
Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny

Postby Replay Studios » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:52 pm

old school ftw ^^
Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio

Postby Pikapwn » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Really tight editing, especially the sync. Nice work! :up:
Pikapwn

Postby CrackTheSky » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:56 pm

Qyot27 wrote:Free version of TMPGEnc with the 'NTSC Film' (for 23.976 fps) template under VCD is the easiest way. Or more technically, 1150kbps CBR* MPEG-1 @ 352x240 (352x288 for PAL) and 224kbps 44.1 kHz MP2. If in doubt in regards to compliancy, get an old version of Nero and try to add the .mpg file to a Video CD project. I doubt current versions still have that option; I might be wrong, though.

*at least according to spec; XVCDs that used VBR may or may not work in standalone players. This is technology from 1993, after all.

1150kbps + 224kbps = 1374 kbps / 8 = 171.75 KiB/s * 60 sec = 10.305 MiB per minute

That old '10 MiB per minute' rule that was so ubiquitous back in the Xvid era? It was a direct product of VCD conventions whereby a standard CD would hold 80 minutes of content, as the intended maximum duration of a VCD was set to match the maximum duration for music CDs.

Lol wasn't actually expecting a response for this but I s'pose I should have known better...being that you're a video knowledge database and all :P I'll try this for my next project, which is in the same vein as this one. Thanks :D

Replay Studios wrote:old school ftw ^^

Pikapwn wrote:Really tight editing, especially the sync. Nice work! :up:

Thanks for watching guys!
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Return to AMV Announcements