getting amv dvd's made?

This forum is for informing everyone else about special deals on stuff to buy like DVDs, cheap hard drives, blank CDs on sale, etc.
AuraSilversky
Org Profile

getting amv dvd's made?

Post by AuraSilversky » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:50 pm

Just curious if I could have anyone make dvd's of the amv's on the site that are mine and I'd pay them. I've lost access to a computer for some time but I'd like to actually see my own vids again someday. Just wondering if that is possible. Thanks.

-Aura
Violence is the refuge of the incompetent.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:27 pm

No way I'd convert wmv files to dvd... :?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Yok/0
do not feed
Org Profile

Post by Yok/0 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:36 pm

what about mpg?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: getting amv dvd's made?

Post by Scintilla » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:16 pm

AuraSilversky wrote:Just curious if I could have anyone make dvd's of the amv's on the site that are mine and I'd pay them. I've lost access to a computer for some time but I'd like to actually see my own vids again someday. Just wondering if that is possible. Thanks.
The only reasonable way to do it is to find someone who'll make a DVD and then give them either full-res HuffYUV or DVD-spec MPEG-2 versions of your videos, copied/converted from either your original full-res exports (preferred) or your best-quality archival versions. That'll ensure that they take full advantage of the quality that the DVD format offers (read: they won't look like crap).
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

AuraSilversky
Org Profile

Post by AuraSilversky » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:18 am

Well the whole problem is not having any sort of computer to do such things with. That's why I posted it on the board and asked about it. heh.

-Aura

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:23 pm

AuraSilversky wrote:Well the whole problem is not having any sort of computer to do such things with. That's why I posted it on the board and asked about it. heh.

-Aura
Yeah, you're kinda out of luck, since it looks like most of your AMVs were in WMV format. Even if someone were to convert to MPEG2 and burn them, they won't look very good...

AuraSilversky
Org Profile

Post by AuraSilversky » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:31 pm

Doh...well thanks anyway all. Thanks for the responces anyway.

-Erin

Red Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Red Wolf » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:58 pm

You could always burn a CD with the WMV files (or any friend who has a PC and a CD burner could do that). It isn't as "cool" or pretty as a DVD but it gets the videos out there and a lot of people are use to playing media files on their computer rather than on their TV. Look into CD labels at your local office supply store and you can pretty up those CDs real nice as well.

AuraSilversky
Org Profile

Post by AuraSilversky » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:45 pm

Thanks Red Wolf...I'll see what I can look into. I appreciate it.

-Erin

Return to “Heads Up!”