List your idols and why are they your idols?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

List your idols and why are they your idols?

Post by Bauzi » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:51 pm

Hey there,

I'm just wondering if you still have idols. I had so many idols when I started in 2001 and all my idols changed from time to time and than I just had a couple of years lately where I just didn't had a single idol for myself. However it changed on Friday when I was at the movie premiere of a movie that a good friend made.

I was really impressed of all the editing and effects he used in there and it was even more impressive to see all the scenes from the movies, because I really knew how limited he was with all the areas/places and actors he had. Hell... all of the actors in the movie are just his friends like me or himself in one of the main roles. It was so cool to be on the set and see him and David (another friend. He made the movie with as partner) forming a simpel every day room into a place where the scene took place.
It took them nearly 5 years to complete the movie, but in the end they got a whole movie premiere with 200 people in a cinema like place, with popcorn and all the stuff. Fuck everything was impressive about it. Even the invitations and movie dvds are high quality proffessional prints. He had NO sponsors for all the stuff, but he still made it. Just wow... I really hope that I can be part of the next movie too. Maybe even in the production. That would be so awesome.

So do you still have idols for your videos and works? and why are they your idols?
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: List your idols and why are they your idols?

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:13 pm

I have alot to name, but I'll just list my specific ones here.. sorry if I can't name everyone..

Eric Kobet
For making Tainted Donuts and proving that amvs with Japanese songs can win contests back when I was told by "experts" (aka 14 year olds on forums) that they couldn't. Without Tainted Donuts, I wouldn't have made crossovers.

mexicanjunior (Sotero Lopex) and Fluxmeister (Tim Stair)
For their unique amv styles and for starting the VG AMV Projects that saved my AMV career.

Beowulf (Julian Milo)
For his awesome videos and for inspiring me to become a professional editor.

VegettoEX (Mike LaBrie) and MeriC (Meri LaBrie)
For having awesome DBZ websites and amvs and for providing me exposure which got me here today.

firey (Eric Thomas)
Probably the most important influence by taking my DBZ clips and making amvs to them, inspiring me to make my own.

and most importantly..

pwolf (Scott Grasso)
For being the king.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:14 pm

Lopez

Fixed. :x
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:26 pm

I guess... Koopskeva... I started making AMVs after I watched his Skittles video a long while back... saying he's my idol is a bit much, for I've never had an idol, but I respect and love his stuff. Of course, many other people have AMVs I adore but since his started me off I guess it's... more special or something?
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:11 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I
VegettoEX (Mike LaBrie) and MeriC (Meri LaBrie)
For having awesome DBZ websites and amvs and for providing me exposure which got me here today.
This. They made the first video I saw that I really enjoyed. It was this one: . Oh and throw Gambitt in there too since he helped make it.

(wow that was only two years ago??)
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:02 pm

Eric Kobet
Tainted donuts was where editing really got serious for me. That was the very first amv that I ever favored on "you"tube, and after seeing it, I was truly inspired to improve my editing skills and to make a amv just as good.

Chiikaboom
When she released her Bellicose amv, I was really addicted to Soul Eater. And when I saw it, I was completely blown away. Before I saw Bellicose, I didn't really follow amv editors. I had watched hundreds of amvs, but I never really paid much attention to who made them. Chiikaboom is really the first editor that I became a fan of, and once again, I was inspired to improve my own editing skills.

Koopiskeva
Koop is an AMV living legend. His Euphoria amv will probably hold the title of "#1 favorite video" till the end of time LOL. http://www.animemusicvideos.org/lists/topvidsbyfav.php Also, he consistently releases some of the highest quality and most enjoyable amvs across the net. Everyone that has seen Skittles and Twilight can agree to this. He even seems like a really cool person in real life (which is a lot more than I can say about some editors).

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:24 pm

My first idol was Sierra Lorna. She was my favorite editor for the longest time. I loved her simple editing with powerful dramatic effect. She was the editor that got me into the hobby in the first place.

But then as time passed, I came to appreciate other editors. Jaddziadax and Autraya really influenced my own editing style from 06-07 after seeing their many videos. I'm sure there were many many others early on that I can't even think of right now.

Wurpess/Krisqo/Yeiweh deserve some mention in here too, because I idolized their many zany works and cute editing. [to this day, Rythm Bending of Yeiweh, Because of You by Krisqo, and wupress' many MEP tracks that are still on my playlist].

Now, however, Pwolf and _Sanchez_ tops the idolization. Pwolf's simple editing and dramatic flair and romance is idol-worthy big time. And Sanchez can make some real scary/creepy/hilarious shit if he'd ever release anything. :up:

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:25 pm

I'm my idol.

Why? Because I choose for me to be.

I'm also my best idol.

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:05 pm

Jezmaster would probably be my earliest idol, mainly for a couple of his Evangelion videos that really piqued my interest in editing.

But continually, it has been Siera Lorna's work that made me realise what it was that I would like to achieve in my AMVs (and that is pure emotional response).

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:20 pm

Castor Troy wrote: and most importantly..

pwolf (Scott Grasso)
For being the king.
This is all you had to say... :up:
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Return to “General AMV”