General discussion of Anime Music Videos
inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Re: Random Action Videos

Post by inthesto » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:20 pm

I want Koop and Ingow to Iron Chef.

Loser is banned from the forums.

I'll be keeping track of all the side bets.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:24 pm

I got 20bucks on Ingow.

|:>

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:51 pm

I also have 20 on Ingow.

Regardless, I apologize for ranting and telling you guys off. Just hate the pointless negativity, but if that's how you roll on the web, then go for it.
Hi.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:28 pm

Koopiskeva wrote: Regardless, I apologize for ranting and jerking you guys off.
Fixed...

:awesome:

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:41 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
Fixed...

As long as someone is satisfied |:
Hi.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:51 pm

Koopiskeva wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:
Fixed...

As long as someone is satisfied |:
I can't believe you yelled at everyone Kewp...Meany Mcmeanerson....

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Ileia’s videos may not be the best action videos (hell, not even great action videos at that), but that does not make them bad videos. I still enjoy them nevertheless. In my opinion, a GOOD action video is 95% action (which includes but not limited to explosions, gun fights, knife fights, bar fights, cat fights, dog fights, Mexican standoffs, chase sequence/car chases (bonus for fruit carts/stands) inprobable chicken matches, etc. etc.), 4% fanservice (which includes but not limited to T&A, panty shots, cleavage, series fanboy/girlism, music fanboy/girlism fetish fanboy/girlism, etc. etc.), and 1% other (usually to make it distinguishable from other action videos). A GREAT action video is 98% action, 1% fan service, and 1% other. Lack of action does make for a subpar action video, but it doesn’t make a bad video. Bad editing practices do.
Under Construction

lynit
Org Profile

Post by lynit » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:04 am

Kevmaster wrote:drama and romance videos are fucking easy.

And editors have no sense of humour. That's why comedy is a dying breed.
Fix'd
<Stirspeare> Otohiko: You guys sure love dongs.

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Spoiler :
I admit non-random action is usually better, but random action still has it's entertainment value.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:11 pm

Not certain what all this BS about random action is. I get the impression some of you think there are good videos that are "random action." I don't know what you mean by random action. If I define the action category by what I am looking for at ACen's contest (and that's all these categories are good for is to assist judging in contests) then I am looking for something that ignites adrenaline/viewer interest and is focused on things happening through movement, explosion, fights, etc. Action is not created by alteration of footage in most cases. Taking a bunch of closeup character facial shots and then putting a bunch of effects transitions over them to a drum beat is not action. All you have done is create the illusion of something happening. In terms of action that will truly drive viewer enjoyment I would consider it derived from the footage editing but not created by it. Other thematic elements can assist with an action video but if your intent is to tell a story then you have already failed to make a pure action video. This is a common mistake some editors fall into when classifying their video. Also just because you are making an action video does not mean you can't throw some just plain fun or humorous content into it. Action videos do not have to be limited in terms of execution. You don't have to have nothing but cuts, flashes, and explosions. The most important factor where you can go offbase though is the intent. If you want to have thematic story elements or humor in the video then they need to exist to be a framework for action and not the other way around.

The biggest failure most action videos make is what I like to call information overload. If there is too much editing going on and in one pass the average person can't understand what the action sequence taking place was then you have failed..

Return to “General AMV”