Random Action Videos

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Re: Random Action Videos

Post by Unlimited Rice » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:45 am

There has been a dramatic decrease of internal sync in action AMVs from what I've seen now compared to a few years back. :(

I'm probably repeating what was already said, but I don't think action amvs HAVE to be random to be good(that's what this thread feels like it's leaning towards). Sure, when some people watch an action AMV, they expect it to have awesome sync and only awe at that, which is fine, but I see no harm in having a story/concept or even just a tiny tiny bit of a theme in it once in awhile. Honestly, if you want to make an action video, do you only want to make it a pure syncfest of randomness? There's more to it than just syncing to a beat just because there's one there. I can only imagine the reviewability being pretty low if it's always random. You might as well watch the visualizations on iTunes or Windows Media Player if you want to see a syncfest. Hell, they're actually more consistent than the random action videos I've seen as of recent.

I really don't want to see the Action category be so easily knocked off. :nono: That's my two-cents.

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:10 am

dokidoki wrote:
Ingow wrote:even Ranma action videos from 1998 were more serious and had more adrenaline rush in them than these new-age garbage action AMVs.
Sounds familiar :awesome:
oh wow nostalgia bomb

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:47 am

drama and romance videos are fucking easy.

And editors suck nowadays. Thats why there is no action.

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:54 am

Kevmaster wrote:drama and romance videos are fucking easy.

And editors suck nowadays. Thats why there is no action.
wait, you've seen a good drama or romance video lately?

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:07 am

Ingow and Kevmaster wrote:*whine whine whine* We can't edit anything well ourselves, so we hate everything else too.
Hi.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:29 am

Koopiskeva wrote:
Ingow and Kevmaster wrote:*whine whine whine* We can't edit anything well ourselves, so we hate everything else too.
daymn skippy lol

That happens to some people methinks...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:32 am

Koopiskeva wrote:
Ok, that was mean.

What I really mean is. Calm down both of you. Really.
You both have such negative attitudes about most AMVs nowadays, that it makes me wonder why you two are even around here. You're both capable editors, and you have not-so-popular tastes about what makes a good "fill-in-genre-in-here" AMV. So what? Constantly bitching about what others prefer in an AMV isn't going to change their minds. Just enjoy what you enjoy and make what you enjoy. Are you both on some ego trip constantly putting down other people's work just to make yourself feel important? Seriously, grow up. So what, you're not popular (or let's say you don't even care to be).. what's the point of taking other people down? Sure, go ahead and criticize people for not properly using technical aspects or whatever.. but there's absolutely no reason for the constant whining.
Hi.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:18 am

heh. My first reaction on reading koops post was 'wait a second, I haven't posted in this topic. Why's he complaining about me?' then I realized he was speaking to ignow and kevmaster.

Anyway, to be at least somewhat on topic, people frown on random action videos because they mostly suck. Some people frown on random dramas, random romance, random comedy, etc. for exactly the same reason. Sturgeon's law is true, most things suck. That being said, they don't really suck any worse than they did years ago. Just different trends are now popular. It's just another aspect of the old school vs current trends and effects vs no effects arguments.

By the way, a super search shows 81436 action vids on the site. It also shows 41625 drama vids. I don't accept the initial premise that all anyone is making are dramas.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:29 am

There's an obscure corollary to Sturgeon's Law that says 99% of AMV editors don't know how to put their videos in a proper genre.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:53 am

Koopiskeva wrote:constant backing up of his street posseeeeee
Care to check out my posts that I make other from tearing down your friends for once? I like AMVs, they're just not done by your AWA homeboys. Yea that makes me appear 99% of the time that you see posts of mine like I only hate on stuff. It's just not my problem if you only ever stop by on an org thread if one of your buddies links you to it or if a video in the announcments just happens to have reached page 3 so you think that that means that it must be about a good video.

If you'll look closely from the first post I even hate on the people that I constantly hang out with, but it's not about the people it's about the videos. If I can't stand their AMVs and would rather see them do something different then I'm just going to answer honestly in a thread like this instead of lying. Most of my emotions towards AMVs are clearly subjective and I'm never mentioning that I really think that I could change anything about the situation, but I'm not trying to, I'm just replying to the thread's topic.
In this particular case writing up all the little details on why I feel like I can never really get into Ileia's action videos would take up a lot of time and end up sounding way too complex and pretentious while like this I was able to just show my main emotions without that big of an effort. I have a logical base for my rants, but I'd find it even worse if I were to make a post that's 2 pages long that's just explaining why I can't enjoy a certain type of AMV. Because everyone has a different opinion anyway, and especially in the case of a creator as popular as Ileia I am well aware of the wasted time that a post like that would just end up being. So I just restrict myself to troll posts, cause those are at least funny for me.

I don't hate everything by popular people either, otherwise I'd have to have hated on Beo and Wonka back then too. And nowadays I like Chii's stuff or Fall_Child's or mirko's...etc etc etc

I definately enjoy Ileia's way of handling my shit way more than yours, cause I don't really see how you can get so stressed out about someone just from him posting mean stuff about videos. I don't disagree with any of your points at all, Kev and me just like being Waldorf and Statler, it's how we are, stop trying to force us into being cute little carebears.

Return to “General AMV”