Sharing The Same Concepts...

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:23 pm

I agree with Wired Knight. And frankly, i think that it's a good idea for a person like me who just getting into the stuff.

There's a concept out there that you really think is good but it was badly made, so you improve the video and edit the video to your hearts content and then you share it with your buddies but you say that the original idea, concept, or video was done by this dude of this studio at this site or other.

and of course, it's good to try to make improvements. it teaches quite a bit to new comers. it really shows how hard it is to make a video, even if it's just copying or editing a finished work. right now, i'm at this spot, so i see it as a good learning tool. And maybe, after i'm done messing around with some vid's i'll send them to their original makers and ask for their op on the new version.

/end
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Golden Saucer
Org Profile

Post by Golden Saucer » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:45 pm

You I know I love your AMVs, it would be pitiful not to enjoy another good one! :wink:

Just do it!

-God
Blend

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:54 pm

I actually have mixed feelings on this particulahr issue. One one hand, I want to go with whatever idea comes into my head. On the other hand, if someone else has already done the idea, I hesitate to rip that person off (I am referring to video concept, not just song/anime combination. The combo is up for grabs at anytime).

Example. I have an idea for a video using a specific song. However, there is a video made using this song that (1) I really like, it is well-made and nicely crafted, and (2), my ideas for the video draw very close parallells to this person's video. So, odds are that I either will not make it or not release it if I do make it, since it would be so similar.

I dunno where the hades I am going with this, but I suppose go with whatever idea pops into your head, SpPanda. Let what will happen, happen, neh?
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

KLin
Org Profile

Post by KLin » Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:28 pm

Well, since you called it sharing ideas, I think it's a good thing to share your desire to redo the AMV with the original creator if possible. Likely they're nice and will even help you out with it. There's also several different variations on this sort of idea process.

I remember Orion's Darkstalkers AMV mentioning that it was originally done by someone else, but incomplete and Orion felt it was a pity to leave it undone.

Another example, §_Akuma_§ found out that Machine had already done an AMV with the song he was going to use for a Lain AMV, with a Boogie Pop Phantom AMV. The art style and content of the two animes are strikingly similar (I haven't confirmed it myself, but I suspect the same artist is behind the character designs) §_Akuma_§ contacted Machine about the Lain AMV, and got Machine's help in creating the Lain AMV. The two bear a strong resemblance to each other, using highly similar effects and both are pretty good.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:02 am

Hmmmmmm... Funny thing about that:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=13697

vs

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=13046

Even though we both came up with that idea seperately and basically at the same time, I think people can do what they want to do as far as doing the same concept as someone else goes. But if people actually steal specific parts of videos then thats just plain wrong, can't be banned, but should be frowned upon.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

anneke
Org Profile

Good idea

Post by anneke » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:52 am

I think someone had a good idea. Just tell the person your going to make the video. Most likely the person won't care, they finished the project and they now find it to be a piece of crap. So you doing your own version shouldn't bug them. However if you e-mail them and they get their panties in a bunch then don't do the vid, because those are the same people who will accuse you of stealing the idea from them.

Anneke
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:33 pm

I'm gonna redo everyones vid :O

Return to “General AMV”