Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: In terms of "oversync"...

Post by Kariudo » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:51 pm

I can see it now...
Jeff Foxworthy presents, "You may have oversynced if..."

If you can't tell what you haven't synced to yet, you may have oversynced
If you find yourself spending 4 hours going frame-by-frame to see if a cut needs to be moved by 1 frame, you may have OCD oversynced
If you're in premiere and every clip on your timeline is too short to see the first two letters of the clip name, you may have oversynced
If you watch your video and things are going so fast that you can't tell what's going on, you may have oversynced

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:31 am

Is it possible to overuse mood sync?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:30 am

Kitsuner wrote:Is it possible to overuse mood sync?
Yes. If I'm staring at a fucking forest scene for 3 minutes because the editor wanted to set a mood then there's overuse of mood sync.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:45 am

godix wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:Is it possible to overuse mood sync?
Yes. If I'm staring at a fucking forest scene for 3 minutes because the editor wanted to set a mood then there's overuse of mood sync.
How about jamming 20 spoiler scenes in 5 seconds? Would that count as an overuse of mood sync?
Under Construction

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:02 pm

oversync does not exist. It's a term made up by total pussies that can't stand rapid movements.

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:11 pm

Kevmaster wrote:oversync does not exist. It's a term made up by total pussies that can't stand rapid movements.
I completely agree. Some of my favorite videos probably fall into the category of "oversynced".
ImageImage

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Oversync?

I think that's not the issue - it's not an issue of having too much sync in a video; the real problem that people can and should complain about is just plain unnecessary and bad-looking visuals. If you're throwing stupid, unnecessary and possibly ugly elements into your video for no good compositional reason, then "oversynching" is giving you too much credit. Actually what you're doing is just sucking.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:59 pm

Otohiko wrote:Oversync?

I think that's not the issue - it's not an issue of having too much sync in a video; the real problem that people can and should complain about is just plain unnecessary and bad-looking visuals. If you're throwing stupid, unnecessary and possibly ugly elements into your video for no good compositional reason, then "oversynching" is giving you too much credit. Actually what you're doing is just sucking.
Definitely.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:47 pm

oversynced is when technically the video is really great, it hits beats, but its just boring to watch. no emotion.

DayWalker B.
Org Profile

Post by DayWalker B. » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:19 pm

"Oversync" does exist in music videos. And it's usually a bad thing. Unless it's done for a certain purpose (e.g. in order to achieve a dizzying effect or to depict a rapid and intense scene/situation; or even simply because the music is calling for it).
Konnichiwa, bitchez.

Return to “General AMV”