YT banned my video!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Cheesethief
Org Profile

YT banned my video!

Post by Cheesethief » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:03 am

Has this happened to anyone else before? I got a message today that my AMV was disabled on their website because my video "may have audio content from [artist in question] that is owned or licensed by WMG". I was under the impression that AMV's fell under kind of a "blanket protection" since they're solely used for parody, self expression, etc. and not to make money.

If anyone has had experience of this kind before (good or bad), please let me know what you did to deal with the situation. YouTube suggests getting written permission, etc. but I'm not sure how the process works.

Thanks.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Re: YT banned my video!

Post by Bauzi » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:14 am

Yes it happens quite often.

Mhmm... what do I do about it? I ignore it and continue uploading it on this site maybe ... *cough*
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:06 am

wayne

Cheesethief
Org Profile

Post by Cheesethief » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:13 pm

@Bauzi -

Actually, all my videos debuted on a-m-v.org first, so even if YT bans them all, they'll still be out there.

Consequently, I found the post regarding YT and the legality of making fan-based AMVs. I though it was pretty interesting seeing both sides of the argument. Doesn't really fix the problem, but explained a lot of the questions I had.

Sarfios
Org Profile

Post by Sarfios » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:46 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFLdLakQ174 I upload that video & I'm realy happy they don't ban it ^ ^

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:12 am

Cheesethief wrote:I was under the impression that AMV's fell under kind of a "blanket protection" since they're solely used for parody, self expression, etc. and not to make money.
Then you have been sorely mistaken from the start.

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:38 am

Cheesethief wrote:I though it was pretty interesting seeing both sides of the argument. Doesn't really fix the problem, but explained a lot of the questions I had.
That´s what we wish, but it´s simply not for the music business. Maybe if we hold on it gets legal one day when "remix culture" and "fair use" are not foreign words for the label bosses. :|
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:34 am

Bauzi wrote:
Cheesethief wrote:I though it was pretty interesting seeing both sides of the argument. Doesn't really fix the problem, but explained a lot of the questions I had.
That´s what we wish, but it´s simply not for the music business. Maybe if we hold on it gets legal one day when "remix culture" and "fair use" are not foreign words for the label bosses. :|
you mean when labels are extinct...

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:52 am

I hope so *g*

P4n4cea
Org Profile

Post by P4n4cea » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:44 pm

I know about a video tutorial in the site, but it only works with audio content. If the problem is video content, then you can´t do anything
If you want the link, send me a pm :wink:

Return to “General AMV”