So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Ardour
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Post by Ardour » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:52 pm

I give this topic a *thumbs up*
I totally agree with the motivation part. Don't start an AMV unless you have the inspiration for it. And start the AMV before you lose your inspiration. I don't know how many times I've begun and then deleted an AMV before it's even complete. It's best not to rush yourself to finish, but to pace yourself and make sure you've worked out all of your glitches. Another thing that I just HAVE to mention; Even though it's true that some (very few) good AMVs are made in Windows Movie Maker, try to get yourself a better program. It couldn't hurt, could it?
Knowname wrote:And NEVER do what your Beta testers want you to do, there's always an excuse.
So true...
There are always two choices in life: the right one and the easy one.

Psycho'sHatred
Org Profile

Post by Psycho'sHatred » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:05 pm

DUDE!!!!!! From one graphic designer to an other, You not only need to be in sync with the video, you need to have good music!!! 8-) :twisted: 8-)

Trust me. I know what I am talking about. I am Adobe(R) Certified. Meaning I CAN Edit on just about anything that you can give me. Good music is needed for the mood.
Not only that, but the music gives the people something to "ROCK" with. Most AMVs have a dramatic scenario. (Q.E.D. Love and action are the most popular.) Take the AMV Title: "Auriga" It's background music gives the video piece a "MOVING" Experience like you're actually there. I believe nothing is more beautiful than living the moment. Whom ever edited that marvelous video deserves alot of respect in how he/ or she created that "LIVE" feeling.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:34 pm

Psycho'sHatred wrote:DUDE!!!!!! From one graphic designer to an other, You not only need to be in sync with the video, you need to have good music!!! 8-) :twisted: 8-)

Trust me. I know what I am talking about. I am Adobe(R) Certified. Meaning I CAN Edit on just about anything that you can give me. Good music is needed for the mood.
Not only that, but the music gives the people something to "ROCK" with. Most AMVs have a dramatic scenario. (Q.E.D. Love and action are the most popular.) Take the AMV Title: "Auriga" It's background music gives the video piece a "MOVING" Experience like you're actually there. I believe nothing is more beautiful than living the moment. Whom ever edited that marvelous video deserves alot of respect in how he/ or she created that "LIVE" feeling.
I disagree
godix in IRC wrote:Beware his mad editing skillz. He's Adobe Certified!
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:52 pm

lol while those claims are pretty lol, fools don't know what audio can do. it's a very important component to an amv. However some of my best works were iron chef'd together. So it works both ways.
If you do not think so... you will DIE

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:32 pm

But it is possible to make a great AMV with a crappy song. sugardanSen for example. That song is soooo annoying.

ssgwnbtd
Org Profile

Post by ssgwnbtd » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:55 am

No, I don't.

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:57 am

Hacchin wrote:But it is possible to make a great AMV with a crappy song. sugardanSen for example. That song is soooo annoying.
Screw you, Carameldansen is god-tier. Don't think you can dictate what's good and what's not.

While I don't think you can say one should edit to "good" music. It's more like edit to appropriate music. Or rather edit appropriately to a given music. There's more to a song than just the rhythm.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:06 am

Vivaldi wrote:
Hacchin wrote:But it is possible to make a great AMV with a crappy song. sugardanSen for example. That song is soooo annoying.
Screw you, Carameldansen is god-tier. Don't think you can dictate what's good and what's not.

While I don't think you can say one should edit to "good" music. It's more like edit to appropriate music. Or rather edit appropriately to a given music. There's more to a song than just the rhythm.
Wait did I actually say that? I take it back.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:42 pm

Psycho'sHatred wrote:DUDE!!!!!! From one graphic designer to an other, You not only need to be in sync with the video, you need to have good music!!! 8-) :twisted: 8-)

Adobe certified?! How?! :shock:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:06 am

Castor Troy wrote:
Adobe certified?! How?! :shock:
By the power of Gray Skull.
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Return to “General AMV”