About the origin of the name of your Studio?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:59 am

Well people ... I found another thread not like ...! ^ ^

The name comes from this place ... http://www.planetside.co.uk/ ...when I had my first computer, one of the first sofware to install was the "Terragen" I was long a fan of this sofware creator parag 3D
This is the image of a parag created by me:

The creators of this Software is the "Studio Planetside" at that time decided that he wanted the same name for my studio edition! ^ ^ This is the story of the name of my studio!
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:07 am

In the begining my best friend Mac and me worked under one editor name "Bauzi & MAC". When I was the only one releasing vids for years we decided to split the pseudonyms and appearence in credits and stuff. Well Mac does release kick as videos since two years but whatever... it was time to split.

We´re always working like a studio sharing stuff, knowledge, hardware, just everything so we founded a studio.

I think I decided to name us [LGS] Lazy Generation Studios. I can´t remeber if it was hard to find out a good name. We took the name because we are some kind of lazy bastards and it was in a time where we were playing Burnout 3. In B3 there is one kick ass song for the intro. It´s The FUps - Lazy Generation. The song is so great that we just took it for our name and studio "hymne".

Reminds me that I have to make a MEP with the song and my studio mates =/
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:08 am

My real studio name is Ex Nihilo, which means out of nothing.

However only nothing comes out of nothing.

Therefore I don't actually have a studio name :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

LuluandAuron
Org Profile

Post by LuluandAuron » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:31 am

Our studios name came from a brainstorming session when the first studio we belonged to went down. The vote went to another name, but that studio split because of infighting. My husband was the first to leave and start Epical, soon followed by others from the old studio.

For the most part, the studio has the same core of people from the very first studio. Some have moved on to bigger and better things ;) and we picked up some new editors over the years as well.

I believe in the brainstorming session it went from Epic to Epical as we were looking for something that would come up in the search bar that wasn't a common name.

Koop tried to burn us down one day :shock: LOL
I giggle every time I see that picture.

qyll
Org Profile

Post by qyll » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:51 am

The name of my studio is Izzle Kizzle.

At the time that I decided on this name, I thought that the concept of studios was extremely inane and so I thought of the most random, most asinine name that I could come up with at the moment to match my viewpoint.

My opinion of studios hasn't changed very much, and thus, Izzle Kizzle remains.
zzz

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:56 am

Back when I played Dark Age of Camelot, my character's race was a Saracen, Middle-Eastern descent basically. I also happened to be an infiltrator, the stealth class. So when I'd stab people in the back I'd scream "NOBODY EXPECTS THE MUSLIM INQUISITION!" Much lulz ensued amongst me and my friends, and it stuck for the long haul. Muslim Inquisition Productions was born, because nobody expected it.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:17 pm

RDS came from the combining of "Random Variable Producttions" and "Destination Skyline Studios" in 2004...RVP was Jonathan Watson's (Adiamante) idea long ago, not sure why he choose it.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:19 pm

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:"NOBODY EXPECTS THE MUSLIM INQUISITION!"
lol

I love this Monthy Python joke too ^^
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:35 pm

Because I'm horrible at thinking up names (my screen name was actually the product of random chance), and just figured 'Digital Chaos' sounded cool. However, I knew that something like that would be too common, so I tacked on a nonsense acronym at the beginning that I felt had a certain ring to it.

That said, I often think I should change it, but I never do. Maybe when I actually get some level of hosting I'll be inspired, or whatever.

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:33 pm

Well, the name of Digital Straightjacket actually came from a brainstorming session when Kikai Saigono and I were trying to come with a name for our banner collab, which wound up being named Wurgano. (Wurgano was a name that Knowname had come up with when addressing both of us at the same time.) I had run the names I was coming up with my bf, Immorrel, who was wanting the 2 of us to have a studio. I was trying to come up with names that had that feel of insanity from/with/involving a computer. One of the names was Digital Straightjacket, which he then claimed as the name of our studio.
ImageImage

Return to “General AMV”