AMV Autobiography

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:29 pm

LuluandAuron wrote:In 1997, we got our first computer....a one gig beast that I had trouble even turning on. I'd press the button and then recoil in horror afraid it would break. The biggest file stored on that computer was a 16mb copy of the death scene in FF7.
I discovered Power point, and the fascination of music and scenes was reborn. I'd take pictures and add them into power point then play music along with them.
oh i remember when we got a 2gb 200 mhz pentium. I would dial up on aol and go to these geoshities websites and find wav files from the simpsons and south park to edit. i made a sex remix from the wave files you can extract from warcraft II CD. i ran out of hard drive space just from wave files.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:42 pm

downwithpants wrote: oh i remember when we got a 2gb 200 mhz pentium. I would dial up on aol and go to these geoshities websites and find wav files from the simpsons and south park to edit. i made a sex remix from the wave files you can extract from warcraft II CD. i ran out of hard drive space just from wave files.
in 1996, I used compuserv on a packard bell. Oh baby.

I never used it for anime or editing or anything (since my desire to even do stuff like that would not come around until 1998) but still. Compuserv. Oh. Yeah.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:21 pm

Hmm...

I guess I can't put anything else... since mine has been posted WITHOUT PERMISSION :lol:

Seriously though, this is what I wanted to see when I posted that autobiography on LJ. I was definitely interested to read other people's histories and where their videos fit in to their lives at the time and I thought posting mine first could give people the idea to follow.

/me continues reading.

(there's a lot to read and I intend to read them all)

Odinsdragondaughter
Org Profile

Post by Odinsdragondaughter » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:38 pm

I was just intrigued by the knowledge that I could take my favorite anime and add my favorite music to it. Being able to rearrange video clips and still images to tell my own story is an added bonus.

LuluandAuron
Org Profile

Post by LuluandAuron » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:10 am

downwithpants wrote:
LuluandAuron wrote:In 1997, we got our first computer....a one gig beast that I had trouble even turning on. I'd press the button and then recoil in horror afraid it would break. The biggest file stored on that computer was a 16mb copy of the death scene in FF7.
I discovered Power point, and the fascination of music and scenes was reborn. I'd take pictures and add them into power point then play music along with them.
oh i remember when we got a 2gb 200 mhz pentium. I would dial up on aol and go to these geoshities websites and find wav files from the simpsons and south park to edit. i made a sex remix from the wave files you can extract from warcraft II CD. i ran out of hard drive space just from wave files.
LOL your waves may have been bigger then my one FF7 file. hehehe

I just about died when I discovered amvs that were 50mb + instead of 10 mb....like mine way back when.

Wow as I read more and more, it's such an eye opener to see the real person on the other side of the edits. Finished up to the end of page 5. I keep giggling at the computer and the family is giving me weird looks now.

I almost cried when I read about your stepmom handing you a copy of Premiere Krisqo. Oooo and congrats on the wedding!

Pwolf, I got tears in my eyes reading about your win at Anime Expo 2003!

Finally, I get to Vlads :D I got the long version over coffee, it was great :D

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:14 am

I also notice that 2006 seems to be a high point for a lot of people here.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:18 am

Infinity Squared wrote:I also notice that 2006 seems to be a high point for a lot of people here.
2003 is where it's at :|

Odinsdragondaughter
Org Profile

Post by Odinsdragondaughter » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:25 am

2005 for me, but I didn't finish my first AMV until 2006.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:57 am

Pwolf wrote:
Infinity Squared wrote:I also notice that 2006 seems to be a high point for a lot of people here.
2003 is where it's at :|
I agree with the KING on this one. 2006 in comparison, sucked.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:10 am

Even koop says 2006 sucked.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “General AMV”