AMV Autobiography

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:53 pm

Infinity Squared wrote:Hmm...

I guess I can't put anything else... since mine has been posted WITHOUT PERMISSION :lol:

Seriously though, this is what I wanted to see when I posted that autobiography on LJ. I was definitely interested to read other people's histories and where their videos fit in to their lives at the time and I thought posting mine first could give people the idea to follow.

/me continues reading.

(there's a lot to read and I intend to read them all)
You gave me permission by asking to see more. You never specified where anyway. |:>

Regardless, this is awsm still... I've just about caught up with all of them.. all very cool. :up:
Hi.

Odinsdragondaughter
Org Profile

Post by Odinsdragondaughter » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:12 pm

dwchang wrote:In all seriousness, take what some of us say with very little well...seriousness. You seem to have a very particular situation with that year and frankly all of us have a special time in our lives. Don't let any of us take that away from you. Frankly most of us are just lurkers who like to troll *cough*.

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES

*nods* That was a strange time in my life. On the one paw, something I had cared about a lot and put a lot of work into had died suddenly. On the other paw, I was presented with more freedom than I'd ever had before. Go figure how life works.

Heh. Be warned. I'm a babbling stalking psycho. Or so I'm told. I can't keep my big mouth shut even when my life depends on it. :P

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:12 pm

dwchang wrote:SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES
why can't i remember any other good line from that movie...

if you're me from the future... what number am i thinking right now?
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

LuluandAuron
Org Profile

Post by LuluandAuron » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:47 pm

Odinsdragondaughter wrote:*nods* That was a strange time in my life. On the one paw, something I had cared about a lot and put a lot of work into had died suddenly. On the other paw, I was presented with more freedom than I'd ever had before. Go figure how life works.

Heh. Be warned. I'm a babbling stalking psycho. Or so I'm told. I can't keep my big mouth shut even when my life depends on it. :P
Can relate to a point, it was actually the loss of a baby that got me back into my art and eventually into editing. For anyone who read my bio, that was between power point and the vcr to vcr editing :wink: I'm okay about it though. Every child teaches you something about yourself, Bradon just did it very quickly in his short little life. I gave up a degree in Science to pursue art LOL

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:48 pm

downwithpants wrote:
dwchang wrote:SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES
why can't i remember any other good line from that movie...

if you're me from the future... what number am i thinking right now?
69 dude!

As for other lines, frankly if you just take some of Neo's lines from the Matrix, you're golden.

Whoa!
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Odinsdragondaughter
Org Profile

Post by Odinsdragondaughter » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:08 am

LuluandAuron wrote:Can relate to a point, it was actually the loss of a baby that got me back into my art and eventually into editing. For anyone who read my bio, that was between power point and the vcr to vcr editing :wink: I'm okay about it though. Every child teaches you something about yourself, Bradon just did it very quickly in his short little life. I gave up a degree in Science to pursue art LOL
I hear thee. I decided to use my freedom to pursue my own art - something I'd abandoned shortly after high school because a graphic arts teacher told me I didn't have enough talent to do it professionally. After my husband left, I tried to continue working on a degree in early childhood education that I didn't really want. You know how it is. Going back to school to get a degree that would earn you a paying job instead of pursuing something you honestly enjoy. When I got depressed about my life falling apart and my financial aid petered out, I said to myself, "Screw this shit. I'm going to do things my own way." Even if I had succeeded in earning my ECE degree and got a job at a preschool or whatever, I still would have been struggling with a low paying job that I wasn't happy with. I figure if I'm fated to be poor for the rest of my life I might as well do something I like for a living. Now, I just need to actually finish some of my original art so I can sell prints of it. >_>

Yah. I learned a long time ago that I should take what people say about my art with a grain of salt. Not everyone will like it. That's cool. I don't like everything everyone else does either. So long as even just a few people take pleasure from my offerings then I've done something right. :)

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:51 am

boooring... well everybody knows I like talking too myself... err I mean about myself (sometimes too myself)... if I only had the time :/ but seriously who'd be interested in this kind of crap...

Well ok <see> I've been known by 3 names, sub0, knowname and aimaime-san (I tried for just aimaime but I messed up the registration...) together we make up aimaime... I actually put this into video form once... not one of my most spectacular moments :/

Anyway first video was sub0's Ghetto Bebop... this was before free hosting... and I lost it. But I swear this thing was a friggen masterpeice, made totally in Vdub, it's WAY old, I still plan to resurrect it.

Second video came roughly 8 months later sub0's Domo Prefect. It's just a fun video, Domo Arigato, Mr. Robotto... I still love watching it, highly suggested :o

Third video isn't up here, it's a Skies of Arcadia video so it basically was against the rules... I think... still not sure about that. Anyway it's just a little thing I did just cu I could. very imaginative though... I coulda' done it better... (such is the story of most of my videos...)

Fourth video is my contest 'winner'... ok it's the only one I made to win a contest, it never did though :/ Akira: Castle on a Cloud, My first video under Knowname (has or at least started out having my most dramatic videos). This was my first video with real DVD footage (still don't know if Domo was real dvds or pirate... damn you Anime Castle :/)

I than made an unreleased quicky with Akira just cuz it was in there...

Sixth video was supposed to be my Opus, a 3 parter for each of NATHAT's (Ima Soku.... blah blah) three DVDs... I'm still not done with it, but I spit out the first one (Discord and Doom). Angst... overcomes... me :/

2004-2006 was a blur.... mostly mmo dominated no amvs

came back when my grandma died :/ I didn't care for her, but I spat out one of my best amvs, Shine V1.

You don't want to hear about 2007... I made like 30 amvs (including meps) and I'm NOT typing all of that out.

... unless I get a request for it...

I want to point out my one using Metallica's Sad But True.... IT'S A FREEKING LOVE SONG PPL!! Why does nobody see this??

LeapofFate
The Madvillain
Org Profile

Post by LeapofFate » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:34 am

I swear... the org should make book of compilation out off all these autobiographies.

<3

Anyways, I enjoy reading these as well.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:13 am

How the hell did I miss this thread for an entire week?

I'd write one, but I have nothing insightful to say other than "Here's the point where I began to hate the entire process and slowly began to give up."
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

LuluandAuron
Org Profile

Post by LuluandAuron » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:05 am

Odinsdragondaughter wrote:I hear thee. I decided to use my freedom to pursue my own art - something I'd abandoned shortly after high school because a graphic arts teacher told me I didn't have enough talent to do it professionally. After my husband left, I tried to continue working on a degree in early childhood education that I didn't really want. You know how it is. Going back to school to get a degree that would earn you a paying job instead of pursuing something you honestly enjoy. When I got depressed about my life falling apart and my financial aid petered out, I said to myself, "Screw this shit. I'm going to do things my own way." Even if I had succeeded in earning my ECE degree and got a job at a preschool or whatever, I still would have been struggling with a low paying job that I wasn't happy with. I figure if I'm fated to be poor for the rest of my life I might as well do something I like for a living. Now, I just need to actually finish some of my original art so I can sell prints of it. >_>

Yah. I learned a long time ago that I should take what people say about my art with a grain of salt. Not everyone will like it. That's cool. I don't like everything everyone else does either. So long as even just a few people take pleasure from my offerings then I've done something right. :)
I know the feeling. I did very well in Chemistry and Genetics, but it just didn't make me happy. Something was definitely missing. I realized I was only going for the degree to make my family happy rather then what I wanted to do. So good for you Odinsdragondaughter I'm glad something good came out of your difficult time.

Knowname wrote:boooring... well everybody knows I like talking too myself... err I mean about myself (sometimes too myself)...
Hehehe when your working on a project, do you tend to do this? The reason I ask is, I always have to watch myself at work. I work as an editor and even on my breaks, I'm still editing in my head....but it tends to come out my mouth LOL

I love reading all these stories. The one about Ileia having to wait to go to school was sad :( Are you in school yet or still waiting?

Return to “General AMV”