Masking: Needed or not?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Vax
Sexy black guy
Org Profile

Masking: Needed or not?

Post by Vax » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:50 pm

Do you think masking is essential to an amv or not? My friend and i are having a discussion about this and i want to see what you guys/girls think.

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:58 pm

I lol'd.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Shinnie04
Org Profile

Post by Shinnie04 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:08 am

Wouldn't it just simply depend on what kind of AMV you're making...? Like when you're making up your own scenes, taking characters and putting them into different scenery for example. In that situation masking would be a definite tool. Doesn't seem like much to discuss about lol.

Phlu
phailure
Org Profile

Post by Phlu » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:11 am

Shinnie04 wrote:Wouldn't it just simply depend on what kind of AMV you're making...? Like when you're making up your own scenes, taking characters and putting them into different scenery for example. In that situation masking would be a definite tool. Doesn't seem like much to discuss about lol.
I pretty much agree with shinnie.

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:13 am

Effects aren't essential to have a good AMV. Period.

Used well/appropriately, they can add to an AMV. Used any other way, they can absolutely butcher an AMV.

But the bottom line is that you can have an awesome AMV without the use of effects. (I count masking as an effect unless it's uber-subtle.)

If this weren't the case, do you think we'd have an entire category dedicated to no-effect AMVs in the VCAs? Yea, didn't think so.
... yea ...

Vax
Sexy black guy
Org Profile

Post by Vax » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:13 am

Shinnie04 wrote:Wouldn't it just simply depend on what kind of AMV you're making...? Like when you're making up your own scenes, taking characters and putting them into different scenery for example. In that situation masking would be a definite tool. Doesn't seem like much to discuss about lol.
Ugh.. thats not what i meant, do you think masking is essential in any kind of editing.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:14 am

Don't do it. :?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:14 am

if there arent at least 23 masks in ur video, then it sucks an d shit.

Shinnie04
Org Profile

Post by Shinnie04 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:22 am

JunichiroAMV wrote:
Ugh.. thats not what i meant, do you think masking is essential in any kind of editing.
Basically I'm just saying masking is a tool like an effect (or you could categorize them together), you use it when it's necessary so that includes any type of editing, it just depends on what you are trying to make. If that doesn't answer the question then I really don't know where you're going with this lol.

Vax
Sexy black guy
Org Profile

Post by Vax » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:23 am

Kevmaster wrote:if there arent at least 23 masks in ur video, then it sucks an d shit.
that didnt really answer the question

Return to “General AMV”