Is subs in a AMV a good thing or a bad thing?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
)Advent(
Org Profile

Re: Is subs in a AMV a good thing or a bad thing?

Post by )Advent( » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:00 pm

xstylus wrote:
Fansub's are my bread and butter
If that's truly your opinion, then you have zero place in anime or AMV fandom, leech.
Oh please, get off your high horse. Not everyone has access to a credit card to purchase things online or a means of transport to get to a store to buy it in person. I am in the process of getting the real thing, but for you to put down anyone who is otherwise unable to get a hold legitimate copy’s of seems rather childish. Have you ever listened to the radio and heard a song you enjoyed, and went out to buy the CD a little later on? If so, then you are guilt of the same thing.

Shambu2
Org Profile

Post by Shambu2 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:10 pm

I dont think using subs look very good. I try to hide the subs even if i have to make the whole video widescreen.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:28 pm

)Advent( wrote:
xstylus wrote:
If that's truly your opinion, then you have zero place in anime or AMV fandom, leech.
Oh please, get off your high horse. Not everyone has access to a credit card to purchase things online or a means of transport to get to a store to buy it in person. I am in the process of getting the real thing, but for you to put down anyone who is otherwise unable to get a hold legitimate copy’s of seems rather childish. Have you ever listened to the radio and heard a song you enjoyed, and went out to buy the CD a little later on? If so, then you are guilt of the same thing.
The radio analogy is more like going to a con and watching anime there, the radio has permission/payed fees to broadcast the song such as the con has permission to show the anime...

Downloading fansubs in such a way would be more like illegally downloading a song from a p2p until you could get your new iTunes card and/or buy the CD.

)Advent(
Org Profile

Post by )Advent( » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:36 pm

I do not download them, I used to watch them off youtube. The radio analogy is quite a reach, I know, I was typing out of anger and not thinking clearly. It just urkes me be put down for somthing that was out of my controle and that I am striving to fix. Apologys to all all whom I may have offended.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:46 pm

Even so the tube has been under constant threat of lawsuit since it became popular and that is why they constantly take down the shows/amvs from that site because the tube has not paid/gone through the correct process to broadcast those video files.

ah you gotta love copyright and its handled differently in every country O:

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:47 pm

)Advent( wrote:
xstylus wrote:
Oh please, get off your high horse. Not everyone has access to a credit card to purchase things online or a means of transport to get to a store to buy it in person.
And that makes it okay how?
I am in the process of getting the real thing, but for you to put down anyone who is otherwise unable to get a hold legitimate copy’s of seems rather childish.
My $22,000 DVD collection (yep, I keep count) says I've bought and paid for the right to yell at leeches such as yourself. So what's your next excuse? "Not everyone has $22,000 to blow on anime! Wah wah wahhhhhh!" Go mow some lawns then, biatch. Work for a change. My mommy sure didn't hand that money to me, and it took me nearly a decade to amass that collection starting in my late teens.

The only children I see are the ones who whine that they should get stuff for free because they can't afford it/don't have plastic/what the fuck ever. It's all a bunch of lazy I-want-it-NOW bullshit. I'll put each and every one of such parasites down, and take extreme glee in doing so.
Have you ever listened to the radio and heard a song you enjoyed, and went out to buy the CD a little later on? If so, then you are guilt of the same thing.
Nope, because the people who made that song gave PERMISSION (wow, what a concept!), and usually there was money exchanged between content owners for doing so.
It just urkes me be put down for somthing that was out of my controle and that I am striving to fix.
It was entirely within your control from day one. Don't download fansubs, and don't act like you're proud of it by saying they're your "bread and butter".
Apologys to all all whom I may have offended.
Apology accepted. I, however, make no apologies whatsoever.

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:53 pm

I'm going to lock this now rather than let it degenerate into a complete flamewar. I'm pretty sure every meaningful comment on the original topic has been made and now it's starting to retread old ground and get to a point where the conversation would best be continued via PM.
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

Return to “General AMV”