AMVs are NOT a free hobbie.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
guy07
Org Profile

AMVs are NOT a free hobbie.

Post by guy07 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:25 pm

Back in the day I edited with wmm, used stolen footage, and for a time it was good. But after realizing that i dont do that any more, i decided to calculate aprox. how much i've invested in making amvs. The answer:
Over the last 5 years, I have spend about $2,550 dollars with stuff included like rigs, programs, some cds and dvds i got just to make a video and a few accessories for my comp with the idea in mind it would help me with my editing.
That's not really expensive i guess, but it's also not a little bit of money. I could of done a lot of stuff with that money ...

Wut 'bout y'all?

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:37 pm

About: 1200 For Machine, 200 IN Spare Parts, 150 in Ex. Hard Drives, 500+ in Anime.

Actually, I woudl have spent that on computer stuff anyway. And I like anime, so I would have bought them regardless. Software I got came from school grants. :wink:

Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:37 pm

What was very costly was the phone bill. I was on 56k before and since my net was on for about 10h a day due to all the damn vid dlds the phone bill was around 50 euros a month ,X 14 equals 700 euros. Add the DVD's of the anime I bought + 320 euros... around 1500 bucks over year and a half. Yeah, definitely costly. :shock:
My Youtube channel: Bote Logos
NEW!!! One Piece AMV - "YUM YUM 2.0"
Berserk - Man of Sorrows (upscaled to 4k)
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:41 pm

I´m with you Bote. I stuck my first 5 editing years on a 56k. It´s hell.

I better don´t calculate. I would cry. I think that it´s over 1500 without the PC (thx mum and dad!).
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

anurok
Org Profile

Post by anurok » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:02 pm

I spent 2g on my comp alone...500GB HDD ext for 250 and a 750GB HDD ext for 250

so 2500 for my comp w/ HDD...but I use it mostly for gaming...not to edit. I did not build it with editing in mind.
N0OB wrote: Koop edits his s*** in Paint and it looks better than this.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:07 pm

about 1000 $

But I spend about twice as much for Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon cards...And that is money I really regret on spending, While I'm good with the money I spend for editing cuz I can also use most of that stuff later on if I ever stop it...my Trading Cards are pretty worthless now ~_~

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:14 pm

Kevmasterflashdeluxe wrote:But I spend about twice as much for Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon cards...
lol same here dude, I had a kickass fiend deck though on yu-gi-oh I could kick some serious ass with that, good times :up: :lol:

Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:18 pm

Kevmasterflashdeluxe wrote: But I spend about twice as much for Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon cards...
Oh I did that too some years ago, even naruto cards.....but that's senseless I thought "better drink a beer (or rum) with the money...

Usually I'm not calculating the money......and I don`t want to I would go insane If I would know how much I spend on that.....
but oh well....
Oh yeah My Pc is worth about 1700€ ----> Pretty new, I bought it for playing (editing was seconds) lol
And the monitor about 300€ 22'' Widescreen, cuz nothing is better for gaming, AMVs look good on it to.....
Anime- I really don't know...just yesterday I bought Gilgamesh for 60€.....
And then my HDD and the other animes and..........

Oh man wouldn't be a world without money cool??

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:37 pm

Jesus. I kinda don't want to go here.
JUST editing programs and computer, I have spent $1400 on AMVing or video editing as a whole.

I don't even want to TRY counting all the DVDs I've bought, the Netflix subscription to get around buying more DVDs, hosting, or the amount of money I've donated to the .org, or the amount I've spent on AMV-related stuff like AWA.

All in all, this makes SQ a sad, sad person. If I had just bought less AMV crap, I'd be less poor. :cry:
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:18 pm

zillions

Return to “General AMV”