It's been long enough, right? Let's see your editing rig.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Re: It's been long enough, right? Let's see your editing rig

Post by AceD » Mon May 12, 2014 3:07 am

I have 16gb hyperx ddr3-2133mhz and I've never eaten it all up, 64gb you would need many virtual machines running to even justify it.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Mon May 12, 2014 4:14 am

I have 32Gig and I certainly do use all of it... got a cashing SSD where I put my mkvs then I edit with them directly through fakeavi. Takes up some ram.
Picture of AMV I've been working on.

I can certainly imagine how for ramdisks 64gigs is reasonable.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Mon May 12, 2014 5:24 am

What....your pc looks nearly crippled just from doing that. Is that actually normal? I can't imagine thats with good quality hardware, just seems to much -_-. Maybe I should just do the same thing to satisfy my curiosity.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Mon May 12, 2014 7:57 am

I am able to work just fine, just as I would with lossless. As this timelapse demonstrates. These specs are older but CPU and Ram are still the same.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Mon May 12, 2014 9:39 am

Spoiler :
I guess I should post mine while I'm here, granted not much editing goes down on it :roll: . After Chiikaboom though I think everyone else is just boring...I mean, who can actually top that.

http://i62.tinypic.com/34yb57l.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/vg3qbs.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/15gtr2g.jpg

UltraNEO*
Org Profile

Post by UltraNEO* » Mon May 12, 2014 7:22 pm

AceD wrote:I have 16gb hyperx ddr3-2133mhz and I've never eaten it all up, 64gb you would need many virtual machines running to even justify it.
Maybe you have but you've never just noticed it? As every system uses some element of your storage system for caching, even windows has a page file.
However, If you set up the software to stop using the HDD as data cache and force it to choose a RAMdisk, your application works soo much faster!!
desktop: i7-3960x @4.8Ghz/64Gb RAM/120Gb SSD/2.78Tb RAID5/GTX-580/AX1200/3008WFP x2
server: Intel Atom D2550/8Gb RAM/10.7TB RaidZ2 (WD30EFRX x6)/AX850 + 16Gb flash for FreeBSD

UltraNEO*
Org Profile

Post by UltraNEO* » Mon May 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Oops, forgot to add.. Using a RAMdisk for application cache reduces wear on SSDs.

The constant writing and erasing of caches and other temporary folders on your computer will wear out your SSD faster, so one way to get as much life out of your SSD as possible is to move these folders somewhere else. i.e use system available system ram.
desktop: i7-3960x @4.8Ghz/64Gb RAM/120Gb SSD/2.78Tb RAID5/GTX-580/AX1200/3008WFP x2
server: Intel Atom D2550/8Gb RAM/10.7TB RaidZ2 (WD30EFRX x6)/AX850 + 16Gb flash for FreeBSD

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:11 pm

|:>

ImageImage
ImageImage

bonus weeaboo wall

Image ImageImage

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:26 pm

gonna make Ileia jealous with all that pink.

Dvl-Jigen
Org Profile

Post by Dvl-Jigen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:37 pm

Here's some more recent pics of my station, as it's been practically forever since I posted any here.

And added weaboo points for the Con Wall
Retired AMV editor/NOT retired AMV Coordinator

Anime California 2015, 2016, 2018 AMV/CMV Coordinator
Hanadoki Con 2016, 2017 AMV Coordinator
Anime Conji 2018 AMV Coordinator
Hentai Con 2018 Assistant HMV Coordinator

Digital Video Lazyness. Yeah, that sounds about right

It's D.V.L Not Devil -__-

Return to “General AMV”