'AMVs Suck' an audio recording

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri May 25, 2007 6:39 pm

While I'd distance myself from AMVs being neccesarily emotional (there are other things to express than emotions; on the other hand, your 'go out and live life/observe' comment was right on the money), and the idea that anime today uniformly sucks (everything always sucks by and large, but in there there's also always a few titles that are fucking awesome) - mein gott. You are my fucking hero again, Beo :o
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Fri May 25, 2007 7:00 pm

Haha, goin right to my MP3 player...greatness. Coming out with any more rants?

J.Alana
Org Profile

Post by J.Alana » Fri May 25, 2007 8:05 pm

I liked Beo's Rant. It made a lot of sense.

Effects are not the begin all and end all of amv's.

AMV's are art. Art is in the interpetation of an artist. What makes a good amv? Nobody has the right to answer that.

Yes, people I came out of hiding to respond to this. I shall now retreat back to my home base.

Peace.
J. Alana
J&P Productions/Sakura Zuka studios

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri May 25, 2007 9:06 pm

Warheart wrote:
JCD wrote: If you lose interest in anime, that's just fine, but people blaming that on recent shows being bad, that's just plain false.
Blah.
agreed, most animes suck compared to a lot of the new shows this year, 2007 to me is the greatest year for enjoyable anime

Yok/0
do not feed
Org Profile

Post by Yok/0 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:24 pm

J.Alana wrote:AMV's are art. Art is in the interpetation of an artist.
Graffiti in a Lesbian Bar Bathroom is more art than amvs. :3

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Sat May 26, 2007 2:18 pm

Heres the answer don't make amvs that suck everyone. Make good ones. Then AMVs wont suck.
This has no relevence to the discussion above it

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sat May 26, 2007 4:29 pm

Yokou Seishirou wrote:
Ok, now you have me interested. What is graffiti in a lesbian bar bathroom like? I know what mens room graffiti is like but do lesbians have different graffiti than men do? Well, aside from not featuring male genitals as much of course. But really, is there some lipstick lesbian recreating the Last Supper with nail polish or what?

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Sat May 26, 2007 5:47 pm

Agree on most points... I certainly don't watch as much anime as I used to but there are occasionally still good stuff coming out.

As for effects I got briefly into effects and overlays and all that... but my last few videos... over the last... uh 2-3 years since I don't do much.... have all been just straight cuts or at the very most cross fades....

And videos with stories will always be superior to effects exercises.

Yok/0
do not feed
Org Profile

Post by Yok/0 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:51 pm

godix wrote:
Yokou Seishirou wrote:
Ok, now you have me interested. What is graffiti in a lesbian bar bathroom like? I know what mens room graffiti is like but do lesbians have different graffiti than men do? Well, aside from not featuring male genitals as much of course. But really, is there some lipstick lesbian recreating the Last Supper with nail polish or what?
Lipstick is just 1 of the tools of the art of Lesbian Graffiti. Nail Polish, and glitter make up. In the bathroom it contained more than just rainbows and outlines of how to elminate the Y chromozone. Infact I've seen cheap graffitis with just a Y with a anti mark.

But I've seen graffiti on the bathroom cieling what appeared to look like michelangelo's artwork of the 16th chaple. Except it had Rosie O donnel and several known lesibans such as Michelle Rodriguez (From Lost).

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Mon May 28, 2007 1:26 am

Sephiroth wrote:Heres the answer don't make amvs that suck everyone. Make good ones. Then AMVs wont suck.
your sarcasm reaks of the truth.

Return to “General AMV”