Using Opinion snippets

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Vancore
Org Profile

Using Opinion snippets

Post by Vancore » Wed Dec 25, 2002 2:33 am

Hello, thought I might create a topic about using Opinion Snippets from peoples opinions. Reason being I wanted to know what others thought about taking small snippits from peoples opinions that they were given to better explian the video's strengths are. Note I left out weakness, and hearby follows the question... Is this a shamless ploy to get others to download vids or an excellent use of other peoples opinions, making them more valuable to recieve. Suffice to say that what the opinion says is true to the word, copied and pasted from the person who wrote it for you.

Reason I want to do this is because after looking through my old reviews I found some informative quotes that I would like to use. Since only two reviews can be set up though most will not be able to see these comments, and the average AMV downloader will probably not read them (Descriptions have a higher probability of being read).

For me, I always find reading a varity of different thoughts on a video more useful then just the creators viewpoint since there is always somebody that can say something better then yourself at a certain point. Like me trying to explain myself here, someone may rewrite it in a more understanding format and I would take that snippet, give them credit for making it shorter, and put it up... like, does that make any sense? :?

Anyway, I really don't think anybody has a problem with this but I thought it may make for an interesting discussion at least. Maybe even create a trend *Hint hint* :P

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:13 pm

What Vancore is saying is this: Should he use quotes from other people's ops that the 'commoner' can't see like regular movies? (I.E. In the "Perfect Blue" Trailer where where they quoted "Amazing" during it)

So, Vancore wants to put "Striking" "Highly Original" etc etc in his description. . . That's what I think he's saying, anyway. It was pretty confusing.

Vancore: I say go for it. Some people won't like it, some people will. Some people just plain don't care. A lot of people, if they somehow find a grudge against you, will rub it in your face that you "made those quotes up to make your AMV look interesting and entice people". You've been forewarned.
As for me, I say go for it as long as you get whoever wrote that line in the original opinions name. Ex.

"Amazing"-AMVer #12

Also, don't get into falsing it like some people do with movies. If the person in the unseen opinion originally said:

"This AMV sucks ass and AMVer #20's remake is the best" -AMVer #3

Don't quote it like so:

"This AMV... Is the best"-AMVer #3

OK, that's kind of overdoing the example but I think you get what I mean.

Again, I say go for it. You might get more people to watch your vids.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:57 am

Image Image
TWO THUMBS UP!
-- Webert and Doeper and The Movies

Return to “General AMV”