Iron Chef/DDR Project II DVD Confirmation Talkback

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:17 pm

Well, I can happily say I *finally* got my DVD in today! So, does that leave the Canadians without the DVDs now? Amazingly, my disc came in tact, didn't get loose from the holder, no scratches, not beat up. Now to see if it actually PLAYS, and see if the videos are as out of sync as people say they are.

So... Jeff... still planning on making a new cover sleeve? :) I might have to hit you up for one.
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:38 pm

Hrm. January 3, and still no order form available.

If they never put the order form back up, or I'm unable to get one before they sell out, is there someone out there that would be willing to make an ISO image of the disc available?

/me sets the order page as browser homepage

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Fri Jan 03, 2003 9:42 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:Just got mine a few days ago from Quu. Watching my Iron Chef video for the first time in months, I was shocked by how sloppy the editing was :P Gah. Thank god for forgiving judges :D

I still haven't gotten my Iron Chef DVD yet :(

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:41 am

Since Meri got the DVD today, we had a nice little evening of watching it. Watched it on my Memorex player, and I had no synching issues (haven't tried the Emerson or the PS2).

Then I went to rip it, 'cuz I asked Hsien if I could handle the VCD making (I wanted to see if I could re-insert our "Smoke" video to fix the field order problem, which WOULD have been no problem at all)....

Had the disc not been an absolute bitch of an encode.

First off, I whip out SmartRipper to rip the section I want (the hour and four minute long section is obviously the DDR Project). So that finishes and gives me a report.

And tells me that the project is encoded as MPEG-1 on the disc.

Huh?

Am I missing something, does SmartRipper usually return this kind of information (never really looked at the report it generates), or is something royally wrong here?

Fine. I'll bring it into Premiere via AVIsynth and fix things, regardless.

Nope. Sees that it's 1:04:00 no problem. IT ALSO SEES IT AS BEING A PURE ORANGE BLOCK OF 720X480 COLOR. That's new o_O. After experimenting with different AVS scripting thingies... I just couldn't get it to see the video in it. UGH.

Fine. I'll just toss the god damn D2V file through TMPG and get a freakin' VCD image.

What I've got SO far is the following VCD:
Inverse telecined (within TMPG) to 23.9 fps, rest encoded normal VCD bitrate via the template. Checked the timing on everyone's videos... seemed pretty exact. Inserted chapter stops, wrote up a README.txt file to place in the "EXTRAS" folder, blah blah blah. That's burning. We'll see how it plays in a few minutes when it's done.

Any chance anyone else could test out ripping the disc and seeing what kind of monster they get trying to pull it into Premiere? I just had plenty of AVS script files working PERFECTLY FINE today, other than THIS one, so I'm relatively sure I didn't miss some stupid little thing.

It's nearly 3:30 am, and I'm sick of working on this tonight :P.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:17 pm

I would definately not IVTC the disc as that would lose a bunch of the frame information. Most of the videos in the project were done at 29.97fps, not at 24 and then telecined to 30.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:06 pm

Is anyone gonna be able to host the VCD? Atrus' server?
Of course, the AMV distro center will probably distro the VCD... just wondering. I plan to buy the DVD (as soon as my stupid check goes through).. but a lot of my friends have been asking me "You got the DVD yet? Is there a VCD version yet?" damn leeches :P Oh well, they're my friends, I expect it of them ;)
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:06 pm

ErMaC: Oh, yeah, I know that IVTC is not the best way to go on it. I was just trying out a whoooole slew of different things on the file just to see what it was all gonna end up as (mainly seeing what the Hell it would do to "Smoke").

What I'm doing now is taking the hard route: throwing the D2V file into TMPG, and exporting the entire video in basically a large pile of segmented AVIs. I'll bring them AAAALLLLL back into Premiere, reinsert "Smoke" with a correct field order (instead of what happened.. which is a long story o.o;;) edit it all back together, export, see what it all looks like, and make a judgement from there.

Hell, the easy route would just to be throw the D2V file in and get a regular VCD image with no problem... but I know I can fix the problem in the video, and that's the only thing that needs fixing... will take a day or two of exporting, but it's not that big a deal, I guess :P.

As for HOSTING the VCD... uhh... who knows, maybe it'll get up on Golden Donut. Once I finish the VCD and get an OK from Hsien & Co. on it, I'll pass it along to RedWolf for the distro.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

BogoSort
Org Profile

Post by BogoSort » Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:58 pm

I should get be getting my copy after I head back next week, and I can host a VCD rip it on that server, or if you're making modifications, email me, and we can figure out some way of getting the file to me for me to host. That reminds me, I still need to find a VCD copy of This is Otakudom to host for Scott... <writes another email>

Return to “General AMV”