Thank you, now i can never listen to this song again

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
J.Alana
Org Profile

Post by J.Alana » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:43 pm

I'm reminded of something my former partner Pac told me once. His little boy was about 3 and heard a song on the radio Creed - My Sacrifice and asked his father "Daddy, is that Dragonball Z?" Reason why was Pac had made a vegeta vid in 2001 to My Sacrifice (as did just about everyone else that year. lol)

Case in point, a lot of songs will remind you of amv's.

I hear Eninem's Lose Yourself and I say "ugh....gohan."
J. Alana
J&P Productions/Sakura Zuka studios

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:47 pm

Thanx to this vid, everytime I watch the beginning credits to Orgazmo or someone starts singing the song, I start picturing Armstrong flexing. And after watching one of Kikai's betas (of a vid that, to my knowledge, was never released), every time I hear "Truly, Madly, Deeply" by Savage Garden, I picture Sora & Riku singing to each other.
ImageImage

J.Alana
Org Profile

Post by J.Alana » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:00 pm

wurpess wrote: every time I hear "Truly, Madly, Deeply" by Savage Garden, I picture Sora & Riku singing to each other.
Damn those amv's. lol :twisted:
J. Alana

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:33 pm

This amv, nuff said

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=63398

I had only heard that song a few times before and hadnt thought much of it, but after i saw this amv, i heard it randomly (like on the radio, or a friend playing it or something) and the amv just started playing back in my head. Everyone who likes the ding dong song should see this amv, their entire perspective of it will change forever

J.Alana
Org Profile

Post by J.Alana » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:00 pm

Yes, I am aware of that vid. Done really well but damnit, that song gets stuck in your head almost as bad as "manga maniac" from Zarx's Doujin Addiction (which I admit I love.)
J. Alana

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:12 am

Splender's Spin always makes me think of Scryed because of Dcdeveloper's Scryed - Spin video.

Speaking of which, where has dcd gone...? ;_;
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:57 pm

I can't hear Natalie Imbruglia's Torn without automatically thinking Of Maison Otaku's Utena AMV. I don't think it's listed on the site, though, unless it's this one, submitted under a different user name.

I actually had a total brainfart about it, back around 1999. I was driving to the bank when the song started playing on the radio. Throughout the intro, I was all giddy thinking "OMG! Utena's theme is playing on a mainstram station! How did it make it there?"...

...yeah, I kept at it until the lyrics started playing. And then I felt reaaaaaally dumb. Still do. :roll:

S.

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:10 pm

The worst/best offenders for the whole song invoking video for me would have to be Silver Moon's Shackled, Pwolf's This Time, and of course Caldwell's Engel. I can't here those songs and not see those videos. However, seeing as I really love both, that's not exactly a bad thing in my book. :wink:

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:15 pm

Coffee 54 wrote:and of course Caldwell's Engel
Good call!

S.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:47 pm

Coffee 54 wrote:The worst/best offenders for the whole song invoking video for me would have to be Silver Moon's Shackled,
Same here =3
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Return to “General AMV”