Vets: Why did you quit?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 am

SnhKnives wrote:World of Warcraft

=|
thats obvious for you...

although your not really a vet... but you did have a bunch of famous videos, and a few good ones a while back... come back to us soon!

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:36 am

Never retired, and i guess i count as a vet as i have 6 vid id #s which are 2 digets.

Esrhan
Org Profile

Post by Esrhan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:27 am

Still working on becoming a noticed veteran. At the moment I only qualify as a deweloper and shouldn't even post in this thread.

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:56 am

Esrhan wrote:At the moment I only qualify as a deweloper
That means you're part of the ELITE! :P

RutKiskasca
Org Profile

Why did you quit

Post by RutKiskasca » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:22 am

You know, I was gonna say I quit because I had to go to Iraq, but I made more videos in the last year than I made before I left, so that doesn't count.

Currently, I am just on haitus because editing has eaten my lappy, TWICE. I had to send it back to England for repairs last year, and now it's keys are falling off, it's OS is crashing, and all my editing software runs like a 386. I've ordered a new desktop, because I don't feel like building one, but it's not here yet. When it gets here, I will begin editing again...I'm just waiting for the hardware.

...it has NOTHING to do with World of Warcraft...NOTHING at all...

Rut Kiskasca

"We are MMORPG...resistance is futile...you will be assimilated."
Rut Kiskasca
rut@kiskasca.net
http://www.kiskasca.net/

"We are MMORPG...you will be assimilated...resistance is futile"

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:57 am

001) Pre-date this site in submitting to the conventions
Yup

002) Not give a fuck
Just give me some drunken master punch at AWA and I will show you!

003) Love to make AMVs but just too damn busy
naw too buzy making websites... I am about to re-design this site www.ursulamayes.com sweet

004) Paid out the ass for import LDs or had to find someone with import footage
I must pay tribute to all of my fansubber friends as I would have had no source without them.

005) Used VCRS for pre-production & post-production
Oh yeah!

006) Know that AG-1980 was the bomb
WAS??? It still is the bomb and I still have mine

007) Bought dub VHS just so you could get a small piece footage for that various video
Been there and done that a couple times ewww...

008) Believed at one time that there were too many Ranma videos and that this problem would never go away
Duane Johnson made me believe that hehe

009) Desire to ban weird al songs from conventions
heck yeah

010) What's the password to hawaii?
hmmm...

011) You dowloaded from Mdenny
hmmm again...

012) Ability to provide better tech support for a Pinnacle DC10 or DC30 than the Pinnacle support line.
I predate that... Targa Truevision baby!

013) You know that Eat it to Grave of the Fireflies was DQ'd for a reason superceding issues of what is considered wrong.
now I must see that

014) Feel it is your duty to tell someone if a video sucks.
naw usually I won't beat someone down unless they are a bleep

015) Thought the Anime Music Video Creators' Webring was neato.
omg don't mention that...

016) You knew that a convention would contain a Brad Demoss entry before the convention even existed.
hahah

017) You had to worry about Macrovision at some point.
naw

018) Remember the Beautiful People to Apocalypse Zero (aka Kakugo no Susume before it was released in USA) incident at A-kon.
MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

019) If you used windows you encoded a video with Indeo compression.
NEVER

020) You remember Kevin Caldwell actually posted occasionally!
ahh the good old days

021) Believe the old trolling threads were great flamefests and these young whipper snappers and their "contest drama" can't hold a candle to them.
again... ahh the good old days

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:18 pm

MaboroshiStudio wrote: 020) You remember Kevin Caldwell actually posted occasionally!
ahh the good old days

021) Believe the old trolling threads were great flamefests and these young whipper snappers and their "contest drama" can't hold a candle to them.
again... ahh the good old days
And you say I'm old.... Yes, the good old days indeed!... I remeber you almost chocking poor old Kevin at the all night judging during AX2000 :P

In terms of showing up at AWA.. Brign it on :twisted:

Vlad

Skylink
Org Profile

Post by Skylink » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:24 pm

All you need to be a vet is a single video that everyone will remember as common knowledge. There is no Koop w/o Euphoria. No Pwolf w/o Mitternacht. No Ileia w/o Date Rape. (then again, she does have zombies so she would've passed anyway)

There are other ways but I guess that's the simplest. (Hardest to recieve but simplest to understand).
ImageImage

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:37 am

Skylink wrote:All you need to be a vet is a single video that everyone will remember as common knowledge. There is no Koop w/o Euphoria. No Pwolf w/o Mitternacht. No Ileia w/o Date Rape. (then again, she does have zombies so she would've passed anyway)

There are other ways but I guess that's the simplest. (Hardest to recieve but simplest to understand).
Having a "silencer" doesn't make a person a vet. That's just the video you're known for, that just means "popular". It has more to do with how long you've been around and editing. Pwolf would be a vet. Koop, MAYBE. Me, definitely not.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Illia Sadri
Org Profile

Post by Illia Sadri » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:20 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
And you say I'm old.... Yes, the good old days indeed!... I remeber you almost chocking poor old Kevin at the all night judging during AX2000 :P

In terms of showing up at AWA.. Brign it on :twisted:

Vlad
Pops, you are so old you are the guy the other old farts hang out with at AWA becuase for once they can be the youngun :p

And I also disagree with having to have some ridiculously popular video in order to be considered. Popular often is not even that particularly good. Many of the people who most would consider vets, I tend to prefer the vids of theirs that are NOT on the top 10% list. However they have done enough where a style emerges and they are consistently decent enough which only comes through experience.

Return to “General AMV”