Hey!/DVD-ROM

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
-ssj2gohan-
Org Profile

Hey!/DVD-ROM

Post by -ssj2gohan- » Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:53 am

Hi, I was just posting to show that I am still alive. I want to know If anyone still hates me, if anyone likes me at all, or If I blend in now.
Both me and Matrix Saiyan now have a DVD/CD-R/RW drives now. We are looking for easy software to get clips from. I just got the dbz movie: Bardock- The Father Of Goku. I know Matrix Saiyan has something he got from you guys suggesting but I want something really easy and that converts it to something Premiere can use and in best quality.

Jace Tsunami
Org Profile

Post by Jace Tsunami » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:01 am

there's no such thing, you'll need TWO programs. The best and what I'd say it pretty easy for ripping is smart ripper. It'll rip the file off the dvd as is, it'll be a .vob. Then what you have is the video in it's purest form, best quality video and sound wise. Then you need to find a program to convert it, and what the quality turns into is in your hands depending on how you set it. I don't know how easy this might be or what to compare it to as it's the only one I've ever used, FlasKMpeg works pretty well. With this program you can convert into just about anything, it gives you a ton of options, and I think it's what most of us use. You can get both these things off of kazaa, it's not really pirating since they're free, and shareware.
http://www.punkaddict.com

myspace.com/punkaddict

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:16 am

Go to the Guides section on the Main Page. From there you can go to Absolute Destiny & ErMaC's Guide To Everything Audio and Video. They have all the information you'll need about the AMVApp and what programs you should use. I have no doubt that what they say will be confusing; it is to most of the people here. I recommend starting from the beginning and reading everything they have to say several times. We don't expect you to be able to rattle off whole pages on command, but it will help you to understand what you need to do to make you videos look good. Also, you'll see why he get uptight when people ask us questions that are covered in the guides. Good luck, and I hope you can make the best video possible! :D
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:20 am

and once you get smartripper, Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>

Read it over & over until you understand it, and if you have SPECIFIC questions, and them in the video forums.

That's by far the way to go if you want excellent video quality.

Gottaname
Org Profile

Well...

Post by Gottaname » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:42 am

If You're using XP like me, then I'll recommend using DVD Decrypter, it's interface is based on XP and singles out the main movie files and rips without problem. For my DVD drive, I prefer using Intervideo WinDVD and I use WinDVR on my TV-Tuner.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:30 am

Followed the guides to a "t" and made not one but TWO dvd ripped amvs...

[me feels all tingly... *]

:lol:

After what just happened, I may never go back to digisubs again...

*swoon...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

-ssj2gohan-
Org Profile

Post by -ssj2gohan- » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:20 am

Okay I will try that stuff, first I will check Kazaa.

Aetherfukz
Org Profile

Post by Aetherfukz » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:45 am

-ssj2gohan- wrote:first I will check Kazaa.
Sure you will :|

-ssj2gohan-
Org Profile

Post by -ssj2gohan- » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:49 am

Yeah, I will

ayanami_soul
Org Profile

no one hates u..i think

Post by ayanami_soul » Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:11 pm

hey everyone has had their time in the corner and we don't hate u or matrixsaiyan...i submitted a vid to u guys for ure dbz battle royal...once again the page is:
http://ayanamisoul.cjb.net
its just so u guys can get the vid....
and i was wonderin what are ure fav shows and how long do u spend on ure vids

Return to “General AMV”