Yeah that's me! ... but that's not me...

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Knowname
Org Profile

Yeah that's me! ... but that's not me...

Post by Knowname » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:02 am

Ever made that video that you just thought... totally came out of left feild. Like it doesn't belong, like 'HOW could I have made this??'

Yeah, a current project I'm working on is like that. Whenever I'm looking at it I'm like 'this is not me' BUT since I obviously can't link you to it I'll link you to this it's of the same style.

Now you may think 'WTF is this guy going on about?? He's got two videos of the same style, maybe that IS his style!!' No, no it's not. this is my style. that. that is from somewhere out there.

Another example of my alternate style is here (longer so I didn't put it formerly) and anything else you find in the profiles linked to (4 other vids plus a few unreleased) are seriously typical. It's like the 'alternate' me likes to release videos NOT based on the anime in question.... I don't know how to explain it, but I just can't tap into that like a good concept or idea, it's just not available when I want it!

So my question is, do you have an alternate style?? Post some (short) examples of some, I'd like to see! Also where the heck do you think these strange phenomenon comes from? When does it become your style? I seriously want to know WHAT it is I'm doing... maybe it'd help me finish this thing sooner.

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:18 am

Are you talking about not being able to pull off an idea you thought you were able to at the beginning of editing it and you had everything planned in your head and everything was just so amazing, you were sure it was gonna rock the Org's socks but it turns out you can't? That's not an alternate style, that's just you sucking (if that's what you meant). :?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:26 am

i dont have any "style" you speak of O.o

i make what im feeling O.O

or

something...

though when I made Cat and Mouse alot of people told me that it wasnt "my style" or something they were used to seeing from me... i got alot of "YOU made THIS?" from it...

funny, just cause i dont do uh action/drama vids all the time doesnt mean i wont

Majin Steve87
Org Profile

Post by Majin Steve87 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:29 am

well man sumtimes u just have to change your style because otherwise it wouldn't fit the song or genre of amv you wanna do. You can't edit a romance amv just like u do an action amv.
MAJIN-PLANET CREW!

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:37 am

SuperFusion wrote:Are you talking about not being able to pull off an idea you thought you were able to at the beginning of editing it and you had everything planned in your head and everything was just so amazing, you were sure it was gonna rock the Org's socks but it turns out you can't? That's not an alternate style, that's just you sucking (if that's what you meant). :?
no I'm talking about creativity. I guess I just shoulda asked that. If you get comments like you made this?? and stuff you'll see why.

Yeah, Jadd, for you to get serious is truley an earth shattering moment o.0 but that's not truley what I meant lol.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:47 am

ah i get it
you want vids you havent seen before :P
and since you have seen most of my vids, then mine dont count O.O

but i do believe it fits the bill... doing action/drama to that degree usually isnt my style, i usually stick to sentimental and inspirational stuff...

with the occasional crappy comedy...
usually alot "girlier" than cat and mouse though O.O

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:20 am

JaddziaDax wrote:ah i get it
you want vids you havent seen before :P
and since you have seen most of my vids, then mine dont count O.O

but i do believe it fits the bill... doing action/drama to that degree usually isnt my style, i usually stick to sentimental and inspirational stuff...

with the occasional crappy comedy...
usually alot "girlier" than cat and mouse though O.O
well, no, not really, I'd put your world of elegance as a shining example if you incist. But.... I dunno, maybe it's me, but I tend to think those are just editing spectacles, not a departure from your norm... but maybe that's just my emo self and fun, clueless comedy IS your norm :P . I'd take that ;p.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:27 am

But it would be nice to see somebody else' most creative venture, even if it's not their best work... for instance, it's still my opinion that Jazzy's best work there is still her Pocket Change (V2) but what I was looking for was her most Atypical (not typical), creative video, and according to her it is her action/ drama vids. Stuff like that, not necisarily your best (but it could be), just what vid represents what you didn't think you could EVER do. Not like just conquer premeire, I mean something you didn't even set out to do, just sorta' took over.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:46 am

For this reason, I ascribe myself at least 4 styles/types of videos instead of just one. That way, even something a little out of it would still fit at least partially, somehow.

That said, if I make a dance video some day, I might get a little worried :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:06 am

Otohiko wrote:For this reason, I ascribe myself at least 4 styles/types of videos instead of just one. That way, even something a little out of it would still fit at least partially, somehow.

That said, if I make a dance video some day, I might get a little worried :roll:
if you taped yourself danceing to it it might be the end of the world!! :twisted: :twisted:

Return to “General AMV”