PROMISING NEWCOMER? Opinions , Stats , and New Hosting!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Khameleon808
Org Profile

PROMISING NEWCOMER? Opinions , Stats , and New Hosting!

Post by Khameleon808 » Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:37 pm

Sorry about the caps last time I was in the wee hours of finishing up one of my videos and l was kinda out of it. I have a couple questions, since l am new.
1. How do we find out what other people thought of our videos? Is there a voting and comments section after they download it?

2. I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to send me a link to a somewhat easy to understand walkthrough for adobe premire 6? or take a couple min out of their time to help a up and coming AMV creator?????? :-) See cause l am stuck using windows movie maker and l know l can put my imagination to work on a more advanced editing program.

3. Tips. I was wondering if anyone reading this that had seen any of my videos would offer me some tips as to what i could do to make it better?

you can add me to your list at neptune_X51@yahoo.com
or msn , doesnt matter, i look forward to hearing from some of you creative people.
by the way , l am getting new hosting on monday , not too much only 300mb , its all i can afford right now , but it is goin to be faster than the speed i have been sending. :lol:

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:57 pm

1. On the member main page, down at the bottom, is a listing of all the videos you've entered into the database. It shows you when an opinion has been updated or added.

2. You'd be well-served to check your local library or buy a book about Premiere 6. There are also online guides you can consult, both here and out on the web. Try a Google search for +Premiere +tips or something similar.

3. I haven't seen two of the three videos of yours currently available, so I cannot comment. However, I would suggest that if you use a non-anime source, like Blade 2, to label it as "non-anime".

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Yea , sorry about the Blade 2

Post by Khameleon808 » Sat Nov 30, 2002 7:08 pm

I tried to change it but it was already submitted. I have the guide right here but its just not coming together for me like it does when I have someone that has used it explain it out for me, but like I said , to some people its a waste of time , probably most, but i am new and not that familiar with this product, i just got it for a present , for the price that this costs them , i think i should learn , they said it was somewhere around 500 bucks or something like that.

OhMyBelldandy009
Org Profile

Re: Yea , sorry about the Blade 2

Post by OhMyBelldandy009 » Sat Nov 30, 2002 7:15 pm

Five hundred? You've been hosed, Johnny. You've been hosed...

ANYway, as far as opinions go, it's easiest to get them if you enter your video into a convention or if you go into the Opinion Exchange forum. That way, you can get someone to download your video, watch it and give you their opinion.

Premiere... *Sigh* Make one, short video first. Use A/B track editing. Try to rip a DVD (see guide), and use that. Your main tool is the razor tool. You can get into effects later. Premiere is big, and complicated. Also, you'll find that if you right-click on the clip in question, you can change the in and out points (duration), how fast the clip plays (speed), and you can even razor that way. Just look through all of the menus, and post more specific questions here, or in the help forum, as you go.

^_^

Love, Angel
"Hurry up and go to sleep so I can ravish your body in ways you can't even imagine." -Paizuri

RichLather
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Sat Nov 30, 2002 7:22 pm

I'll say again: go to the bookstore and flip through the books on Premiere they have there, and find one that appears to assist people at your level of understanding. I've done the same, mostly to get me over the steep learning curve. I know how to edit with nonlinear equipment, just not with Premiere.

It would not surprise me to learn there is a "Premiere 6.5 for Dummies" sitting on the shelves of Barnes & Noble or Borders. Go have a look.

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Sat Nov 30, 2002 7:30 pm

Best way to learn is to just get in there and do it. Read the manual for basic stuff, and just muck around with it.

Good luck.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

Khameleon808
Org Profile

A GOOD VIDEO MAKER???

Post by Khameleon808 » Sat Nov 30, 2002 7:34 pm

wELL aside from premire being a pain in the ass, what would be a good program to get to make a video that is pretty user friendly and has nice effects, for instance what do you ladies and gentlemen use?

i want something that can work with divx and mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 files, and something that doesnt crash alot
i have a p4 1.8ghz 1gb ddr RAM , 3- 80gb hd and 1 - 200gb hd, so i have plenty of space and pleanty of power and screen space is not an issue. i am working on three monitors , ti4600 asylum with Radeon as backup monitor

i just need the right recommendations for what to use, windows movie maker was pretty simple but limited, i am looking for something on that user friendly platitude

RichLather
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Sat Nov 30, 2002 7:36 pm

I use Premiere...at home.

At work, I have access to a Lightworks VIP system. :twisted:

Khameleon808
Org Profile

LIMITED ONLY BY IMAGINATION

Post by Khameleon808 » Sat Nov 30, 2002 7:47 pm

so would you consider this a hobby ? or a chance to get noticed by someone who could possibly hire ya ? i am sure everyone makes their videos for their own reasons. I made mine because i played FFX , first Rpg i have ever played , cause it was on my ps2 and it was new, no i love the series, i even went back and played 7 ,8 and 9, although they werent as easy LOL i was expecting easier, i was wrong, but after playing FFx i noticed someone made a music video i had intercepted on kazaa, i was so impressed with the possiblities that one could make with similar clips , i had no idea how to make one my friend on Msn sent me a program that rips the dvd content off of the ffx disk, needless to say i was already racing with ideas on what i could do , but when i was done it was referred to as shitty , at first i was like "fuck this" ya know , since only i was feelin where that vid was coming from and everything i thought was in sync was just off to some people but i said to hell with it and created more and more and more and now i have 8 shitty videos :-)
all made with windows movie maker
and my imagination has run out, I NEED NEW ASPECTS

RichLather
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:08 pm

Part hobby, part way to try out new techniques to add to my work skills. I did put a couple of AMVs onto my resume' tape, and will probably do so again if I choose to leave my current job for a production house or somethin'. Also, on the side, I've done highlight reels forthe Columbus Crew, and this time around I'll try to do that from home as well.

I still get a whole lot of enjoyment out of editing AMVs, but my time to do so has been severly curtailed. That's why I'm hoping that doing it at home will be beneficial.

Return to “General AMV”