Lip synching -- cheesy?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
blaku92
Org Profile

Lip synching -- cheesy?

Post by blaku92 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:22 am

To me, lip synching shouldn't be used in any type of amv other than comedy. It's just the one thing that bothers me the most about many people's vids. I really don't see the point. Does anyone else feel the same way? What justifies the use of lip synch? Not tryin to put anyone down, I just want to know what everyone thinks about this subject. :?

"I've dated uglier girls than you for breakfast."

Tyler_yj
Org Profile

Re: Lip synching -- cheesy?

Post by Tyler_yj » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:31 am

blaku92 wrote:To me, lip synching shouldn't be used in any type of amv other than comedy. It's just the one thing that bothers me the most about many people's vids. I really don't see the point. Does anyone else feel the same way? What justifies the use of lip synch? Not tryin to put anyone down, I just want to know what everyone thinks about this subject. :?
Stop to think about your stupid rules... Juste create !! :roll:
ImageImage

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:03 am

I've synced a line in a drama video, just one line out of nowhere, and I still like it. To me it fits the mood, and the singer's voice fits the character very well. It just works.

When other people do it, I don't like it. It catches me off guard and seems innappropriate. It breaks the spell (coming out of nowhere) or clashes (female character syncing male singer's voice, vice versa). If other people are doing lip sync, they should only do it with their comedy videos. Assuming they make amvs to entertain me.

If they're doing it to entertain themselves, they should do whatever they want. I do.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Re: Lip synching -- cheesy?

Post by JudgeHolden » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:40 am

Tyler_yj wrote:
blaku92 wrote:To me, lip synching shouldn't be used in any type of amv other than comedy. It's just the one thing that bothers me the most about many people's vids. I really don't see the point. Does anyone else feel the same way? What justifies the use of lip synch? Not tryin to put anyone down, I just want to know what everyone thinks about this subject. :?
Stop to think about your stupid rules... Juste create !! :roll:

Can I have an AHMEN!

JH

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:18 am

Nah, I think Lip synching can work in any genre of video just as long as you use it moderately.

I think that lip synching almost every line is only good for comedy though, since in something drama it would start getting annoying.

But there's nothing wrong with lip synching in drama/action/serious vids.
¯\(°_o)/¯

Tash
Org Profile

Post by Tash » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:26 am

Yes I think it is very stupid. I also think lyric synching is just as bad. But sometimes you have to stop being such a boring serious person, and enjoy the cheesy things. Pointless desaturated and red scenes are up there with lip synching for me, but I deal with it.

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:43 am

yeah lipsync goes well wit techno too, if used mildly

Dark_Sith
Org Profile

Post by Dark_Sith » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:46 am

Never used it.

AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:54 am

In my experience, I've seen only one instance of it being used well in a dramatic video. The rest of the times, it usually breaks the mood for me. That's why I think it's more of a technique best suited for comedy purposes. To me, it doesn't often enhance the meaning or flow of a drama piece to have lip-sync; it often feels more like the editor simply didn't have anything else to put in that segment. Just my opinion on it.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:47 am

The problem is that it is often done poorly, and that is the issue. Lip sync looks cheesy, when the editor did not take the time to make it look good. Therefore poorly done lip sync in any video can destroy it. Remember take your time and master making .... :shock:

JH

Return to “General AMV”