Lip synching -- cheesy?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Ezmereth Moriquendi
Org Profile

Post by Ezmereth Moriquendi » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:43 pm

i forgot this one, but a friend of mine reminded me of it: "pater noster" with hellsing. it's one of her favorite anime and amv's, and i think it's pretty well-known. i like it and that it is serious while still using lipsync, which seems to help it actually build the storyline.

blaku92
Org Profile

Post by blaku92 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:47 pm

Pie Row Maniac wrote:http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=29959

There's a small scene of lip sync near the beginning that's a good example of how lip sync isn't always comedic.
I didn't think that amv's lip synching was needed. It was cheese.

"I've dated uglier girls than you for breakfast."

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:37 am

One thing - you can do lipsynch well, but still have it be completely out of place in terms of the flow of the AMV. Don't lipsynch just because you can (or think you can)! Before touching that area, consider why you want to lipsynch - if it's not integral to the otherwise nonlipsynched AMV you're making, then it's probably better not to use it at all. If you've done a good job with an AMV, viewer(s) will be in the same place mentally and emotionally as the dialogue/song lyrics, so that having a character actually seem to speak the words is unnecessary to convey a message. Use lipsynching to go above and beyond the basic message the words convey. Want a good example of good lipsynch use: Truth or Fiction

As dookool said, the AB Best of Show took a hit with unnecessary and unfortunate lipsynching.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:59 am

I just made an attempt (if you can call it that) with pure lip sync in an NGE video. It didn't turn out so well. It would have, had I had better footage when I made it + if I had worked harder with the lips matching the sllyables. I think it's a great thing for certain AMV's (such as comedy), but not necessary for others...

I think lip sync isn't cheesy, but it should be used in moderation.

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:37 am

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:02 am

Go lipsynch a cock. There's nothing magical about the editing of 2-dimensional lips to 1-dimension characters with 0-dimensional music. You guys make such an overinflated deal out of this, it's retarded. Go make something original.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:27 am

^^with a 5 dimensional overinflated ego :P :P

themaan
Org Profile

Re: Lip synching -- cheesy?

Post by themaan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:20 pm

Tyler_yj wrote:
blaku92 wrote:To me, lip synching shouldn't be used in any type of amv other than comedy. It's just the one thing that bothers me the most about many people's vids. I really don't see the point. Does anyone else feel the same way? What justifies the use of lip synch? Not tryin to put anyone down, I just want to know what everyone thinks about this subject. :?
Stop to think about your stupid rules... Juste create !! :roll:
Tyler's got the right idea. jesus guys who gives a crap?
Image Appeared on RDS 2/2/05

Ezmereth Moriquendi
Org Profile

Post by Ezmereth Moriquendi » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:38 pm

well, you posted, so you must. :lol: sorry, i gotta say it. -_-' anyway, i think it's worth a little discussion.

blaku92
Org Profile

Re: Lip synching -- cheesy?

Post by blaku92 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:27 pm

themaan wrote:
Tyler_yj wrote:
blaku92 wrote:To me, lip synching shouldn't be used in any type of amv other than comedy. It's just the one thing that bothers me the most about many people's vids. I really don't see the point. Does anyone else feel the same way? What justifies the use of lip synch? Not tryin to put anyone down, I just want to know what everyone thinks about this subject. :?
Stop to think about your stupid rules... Juste create !! :roll:
Tyler's got the right idea. jesus guys who gives a crap?
Did the French tell you that? My Jesus can beat your Jesus.

"I've dated uglier girls than you for breakfast."

Return to “General AMV”